Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Retro Ornament Cards with Juliana and Isha

Hello Sunny Studio friends! It's Juliana and today I'm here sharing a slimline card I created using the Retro Ornaments Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Retro Ornaments Christmas Garland Frame Dies Slimline Dies Christmas Cards by Juliana Michaels

I began with the the Retro Ornaments Dies and cut the base shape from various colors of cardstock. I then used the coordinating Retro Ornaments Stamp for that shape and stamped the image with embossing ink. I then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. To finish off each ornament I added a gold bow.

For the card base, I used the Slimline Scallop Frame Die. Once the base was completed, I used the Christmas Garland Frame Die to cut green cardstock and create the foliage/tree for the ornaments to hang from. I trimmed it to fit the size of the slim line card front and glued it in place.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Retro Ornaments Christmas Garland Frame Dies Slimline Dies Christmas Cards by Juliana Michaels

To complete the card, I adhered the ornaments using double sided foam adhesive to give them a little dimension. I then finished it off by adding the sentiment to the bottom right hand corner.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed learning how I created this slimline card using the Retro Ornaments Stamp Set

---------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Isha here with a playful Christmas card featuring the Retro Ornaments Stamp and dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Retro Ornaments Christmas Card by Isha Gupta

I started by stamping the ornaments from the Retro Ornaments stamp set. I inked the stamp using the lighter ink first, then I added a bit of darker ink towards the bottom and stamped it again to get slight depth. Die-cut the image using the coordinating dies. Stamp the metal part of the ornaments using embossing ink, sprinkle with WOW! metallic silver embossing powder and heat set.

Take a watercolor panel. Add a wash of twisted citron and peacock feathers distress inks. Let dry. Stamp and emboss the sentiment. Place the ornaments to see the placements and then die-cut this panel using the dies. I overlapped the ornaments on the right, so die-cut it accordingly. Tie the twine to hang the ornaments.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Retro Ornaments Christmas Card by Isha Gupta

Cut a striped black paper from the Sleek Stripes paper pad. Adhere to the card base on the left side. Adhere the panel using 3d foam. Adhere the ornaments to the card using liquid glue. To finish, I added some snowflakes from the Colorful Snowflake sequin mix.

Hope you enjoyed this creation. Thank you for dropping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Christmas Garland Frame
Christmas Garland Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Retro Ornaments Stamps
Retro Ornaments Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Retro Ornaments Dies
Retro Ornaments Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sleek Stripes Paper
Sleek Stripes Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment