Sunday, December 13, 2020

Penguin Pals Cards with Ashley and Mayra

Hello friends! It's Ashley with a cute Christmas card featuring one of my favorite new sets - Penguin Pals! I am a total sucker for penguins and these adorable little guys are no exception! I was inspired by one of the sentiments to have them work together to decorate a big Christmas tree!

Sunny Studio Stamps Penguins Decorating Christmas Tree by Ashley Ebben (using Penguin Pals, Seasonal Trees & Frilly Frames Quatrefoil Dies)

I started by blending Pinkfresh Studio Soul of Provence inks on white cardstock to create a purple background. I die cut the piece with the stitched frame of Frilly Frames Quatrefoil to add detail, then splattered with white paint for a snowy feel. To complete the snowy background, I used several of the snowflake stamps from Penguin Pals and stamped them randomly in VersaMark ink and embossed with white.

I stamped the penguins from Penguin Pals, the tree from Seasonal Trees, and the star from Merry Mice in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink on white cardstock. I colored everything with Copics and cut them out with the matching dies before adding them to my card. I stacked three penguins to reach the top of the tree with the star and popped the one with lights up with foam tape for dimension. For the sentiment, I combined phrases from Penguin Pals and Merry Mice then stamped them in VersaMark ink on black cardstock and embossed with white. I added the sentiment with a bit more foam tape to finish.

Sunny Studio Stamps Penguins Decorating Christmas Tree by Ashley Ebben (using Penguin Pals, Seasonal Trees & Frilly Frames Quatrefoil Dies)

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!
_______________________________________________

Hello and happy Monday everyone. Mayra here with you today. I am sharing this sweet penguin-themed Christmas card. I used the adorable Penguin Pals stamp set. 

Sunny Studio Holiday Christmas Card by Mayra (using Penguin Pals, Christmas Trimmings, Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies & Slimline Nature Border Dies)

I began by coloring my images using Copic markers. For the gray areas, I used W7, W5, and W3. For the red areas, I used R46, R17, and R05. For the pink areas, I used R00, R01, R21, and R22. 

I then die cut the pieces I would use to create the scene. I used the Slimline Scalloped Frame, and the Slimline Nature Borders dies. I die cut the large rectangle from the Slimline Scalloped Frame set using Bristol Smooth cardstock. I added color to the panel using Distress Oxide inks in the colors Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers. I die cut the snowy hills and ocean water using glitter cardstock. To finish the card I stamped the sentiment from the Christmas Trimmings stamp set using black ink.

Sunny Studio Holiday Christmas Card by Mayra (using Penguin Pals, Christmas Trimmings, Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies & Slimline Nature Border Dies)

I hope you enjoy this fun card. Thank you very much for taking the time to stop by. I hope you each have a wonderful and blessed day.  

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Christmas Trimmings Stamps
Christmas Trimmings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Stamps
Merry Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Dies
Merry Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Stamps
Penguin Pals Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Dies
Penguin Pals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hero Arts White Detail
Hero Arts White Detail
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
VersaMark Watermark Ink
VersaMark Watermark Ink
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
PinkFresh Soul of Provence
PinkFresh Soul of Provence
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment