Saturday, December 26, 2020

Guest Designer Spotlight: Penguin Pals Cards with Tammy Stark

Hi friends! Tammy here with a couple of cards I made with one of my favorite sets, Penguin Pals. While this set can certainly be used to make holiday cards, I love that it can be used to create winter themed cards, as well!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Scenes Slimline Dies Gleeful Reindeer Winter Themed Cards by Tammy Stark

I chose a cool color palette in pinks, and purples, with a pop of aqua, to create these fun cards...perfect for Winter birthdays!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Scenes Slimline Dies Winter Themed Cards by Tammy Stark

For my first card, I created a slimline birthday card. To begin, I cut a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock, using the rectangle die from the Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies. I ink blended the background with Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves, and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks. Next, I splattered some white acrylic paint onto the background and white heat embossed some snowflakes to create a fun snowy sky. 

I stamped, colored with Copic markers, and die cut images from the following sets:
Penguin PalsCoordinating Dies
Winter Scenes StampsCoordinating Dies

Copic Colors: Aqua: BG49, BG13, BG11, BG10; Pink: R39, RV66, RV55, RV63, RV52; Green: G40, G21, G24, G28; Purple: V09, V17, V15, V12; Orange: Y35, YR04

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Scenes Slimline Dies Winter Themed Cards by Tammy Stark

Next, I die cut some snowy hills using the Slimline Nature Borders Dies from white cardstock, inked the tops with Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide, and attached to my inked background. I then tucked the trees behind the hill, and trimmed to fit the width of my card before attaching it to a white Scalloped Frame Die. Lastly, I attached the colored images to my card, using foam tape for dimension, then stamped the sentiment from Penguin Pals in black ink along the bottom to complete it.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Scenes Slimline Dies Gleeful Reindeer Winter Themed Cards by Tammy Stark

To make this fun shaker card, I started by cutting a rectangle from white cardstock, then used the Stitched Arch Dies to cut out a window. Next, I attached a piece of acetate to the back of the white rectangle, covering the arch window. I applied foam tape around the opening and added some Majestic Mini Sequins and other jewels from my stash before attaching it to a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock, ink blended with Blueprint Sketch, Seedless Preserves, and Milled Lavender. Next, I attached my shaker to a piece of 4 1/4 X 5 1/2" purple patterned paper from the Gingham Jewel Tones 6 X 6 Paper.

I stamped, colored with Copic markers, and die cut images from the following sets:
Penguin PalsCoordinating Dies
Winter Scenes StampsCoordinating Dies
Gleeful ReindeerCoordinating Dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Scenes Slimline Dies Gleeful Reindeer Winter Themed Cards by Tammy Stark

Lastly, I attached the colored images to my card, using foam tape on some for dimension. Next, I white heat embossed the sentiment from Penguin Pals onto a black sentiment strip and attached it to my card to complete it!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you were inspired to create some winter themed cards of your own! Have a great day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:


Gleeful Reindeer Dies
Gleeful Reindeer Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gleeful Reindeer Stamps
Gleeful Reindeer Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Jewel Tones 6x6 Paper
Gingham Jewel Tones 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Stamps
Penguin Pals Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Dies
Penguin Pals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Stamps
Winter Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Dies
Winter Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment