Monday, December 7, 2020

Victorian Christmas Cards by Ashley and Mayra

Hi friends! It's Ashley with a nighttime Christmas scene featuring the Victorian Christmas mini set. This card has a special surprise too - press the snowflake, and the moon lights up to illuminate Santa and his reindeer!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Victorian Christmas Here Comes Santa Winter Scenes Winter Holiday Card by Ashley Ebben

I started by blending a night sky background with Distress Oxides in Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot. I splattered the piece with white acrylic paint for stars and zapped it with a heat gun to set. I used the small circle tag die in Sliding Window dies to cut out the moon, then backed it with vellum. I stamped the Santa and reindeer from Here Comes Santa across the sky and moon with Versafine Onyx Black ink and embossed with clear embossing powder to prevent smearing on the vellum.

I stamped the house from Victorian Christmas and one of the background scenes from Winter Scenes on white cardstock in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink and colored with Copics. I also blended a bit of Pinkfresh Studio Ocean Breeze ink to the snow on the bottom of the scene to save some time. I cut them out with the matching dies and adhered them to the card. I stamped a sentiment from Inside Greetings Holiday in Versafine Onyx Black and embossed with clear. I also stamped a snowflake from Winter Scenes in VersaMark and embossed with white to mark where to press for the lights.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Victorian Christmas Here Comes Santa Winter Scenes Winter Holiday Card by Ashley Ebben

On a white card base, I created my light up mechanism using Chibitronics lights and a Pear Blossom Press Power Pack. I placed the lights just outside the edge of the moon to soften the effect a bit. Once I had my circuit set up correctly and the lights were working, I added a border of thick foam tape around the card base. All that was left was to add my card front on top! Before sending this card, I will put a note inside to tell the recipient to press the snowflake for a surprise! 

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------

Happy Monday everyone, Mayra here with you today. I have a CAS Christmas card that I am sharing with you. I used the lovely Victorian Christmas stamp set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Victorian Christmas Frilly Frame Die Winter Holiday Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

I began by coloring my images using Copic markers. For the dark gray areas, I used W3, W5, and W7. For the red areas, I used R05, R17, and R46. And for the greens, I used YG17. I added a bit of E40, E41, C1, and W3 to the areas that are off white. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Victorian Christmas Frilly Frame Die Winter Holiday Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

I then die cut the panels for my card base. The scalloped rectangle is from the Frilly Frames Eyelet die set. This was such a fun and quick card to put together. I hope you enjoy this inspiration. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to stop by. I pray you each have a wonderful and blessed day. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sliding Window Dies
Sliding Window Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Here Comes Santa Stamps
Here Comes Santa Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings-Holidays
Inside Greetings-Holidays
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Victorian Christmas Stamps
Victorian Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Victorian Christmas Dies
Victorian Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Stamps
Winter Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Dies
Winter Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment