Sunday, September 6, 2026

Sleigh Ride Surprise Penguin Holiday Card with Hanh

Hello Crafty Friends! It's Hanh here with you today, and I am so excited to share a super fun and cute Christmas card featuring the new Sleigh Ride Surprise Dies. There are so many fun elements in the die set. Today I decided to focus on the main sleigh to create a ride for these adorable penguins from the Roly Poly Penguins and Penguin Pair sets. So let's get started.

Sunny Studio Stamps Roly Poly Penguins Holiday Hugs Winter Christmas Card using Sleigh Ride Surprise Metal Cutting Craft Dies

I used the Sleigh Ride Surprise Dies to die-cut the sleigh, strand of lights, Christmas tree, and sack of gifts out of colored cardstock. I assembled the strand of lights and sleigh with liquid glue. I added some white highlights with a gel pen.

Next, I stamped the penguins and hat from the Roly Poly Penguins Stamps and the Penguin Pair Stamps sets onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used the coordinating Roly Poly Penguins Dies and Penguin Pair Dies to die-cut them out. I colored with Copic markers and highlighted with a white gel pen.

COPIC COLORS:
Penguins: T4/5/7, W00/0/1, Y38 YR04, R00/20
Hat/Earmuff/Scarf: R14/24/29/39, C0/1/3

Sunny Studio Stamps Roly Poly Penguins Holiday Hugs Winter Christmas Card using Sleigh Ride Surprise Metal Cutting Craft Dies

For the background, I lightly ink-blended some Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink onto a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock. I used the Slimline Nature Borders Dies to die-cut a snowbank out of white cardstock. I adhered the snowbank onto the bottom portion of the inked panel. I trimmed the panel down to 4" x 5.25".

For the sentiment, I stamped the "Holiday Hugs" from the Holiday Hugs Stamps set with Versafine Satin Red ink onto a piece of white cardstock and used the coordinating Holiday Hugs Dies to die-cut them out. I stamped the "coming your way!" from the Holiday Express Stamps set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a piece of white cardstock and used a paper trimmer to trim it out.

I adhered the sleigh, colored images, and sentiments onto the inked panel with liquid glue and foam tape. Finally, the panel was adhered to a white A2 cardbase (4.25" x 5.5").

Sunny Studio Stamps Roly Poly Penguins Holiday Hugs Winter Christmas Card using Sleigh Ride Surprise Metal Cutting Craft Dies

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you liked my card. Be sure to visit the Sunny Studio Stamps Shop to check out the new Holiday Release for more info and ideas. Please also visit my INSTAGRAM feed for more inspiration.

Have a wonderful and crafty day!
_____________________________________________________

Glassboard Studio has launched a limited-edition collection for September featuring their most popular products using the Metric system! And in honor of the Labor Day weekend, you can now use the code SUNNYSTUDIO to save 20% at checkout (using our code after Labor Day will still get you 15% every day). Their large glass mat might be my favorite crafty purchase (ever), and their newer scrapbook mat is also fabulous.

Also, there's still time to shop our birthday sale for 20% off all full-priced Sunny Studio-branded products with the discount code ELEVENYEARS at checkout. We've extended the sale to go through Monday at Midnight PDT. Excludes the newest release and retirement items already on sale. Limit one discount code per order.

Save 20% off on Full-Priced Sunny Studio products (excludes new release & retiring sale items) using code ELEVENYEARS through 9/6/26

Sunny Studio Supply List:

Holiday Express Stamps
Holiday Express Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Hugs Stamps
Holiday Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Hugs Dies
Holiday Hugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Roly Poly Penguin Stamps
Roly Poly Penguin Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Roly Poly Penguin Dies
Roly Poly Penguin Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pair Stamps
Penguin Pair Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pair Dies
Penguin Pair Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sleigh Ride Surprise
Sleigh Ride Surprise
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment