Friday, November 15, 2019

Layered Poinsettias Cards with Rachel and Candice

Hello friends! It's Rachel here and I have a card to share with you today that features the new Layered Poinsettia Die Set. To start my card, I first created my poinsettia by cutting the various layers in different shades of red card stock. I also cut one layer of leaves from green card stock. In order to get the illusion of added depth, I blended each piece lightly on the edges with some Distress Ink that was slightly darker than the card stock itself.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Poinsettia Dies Circle Snowflake Frame Dies Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Christmas Themed Card by Rachel Alvarado

Also, I used small pieces of 3D Adhesive Foam Squares when adding each layer to also add some more dimension. If you preferred less dimension, you'd simply need to glue your layers together. Once my flower was assembled, I set it aside and worked on my card background. Since I loved the look of the Woodgrain Embossing Folder on my previous card, I used the same technique on this card. I added some brown ink to the front panel of my embossing folder and ran a piece of 4.25"x4.25" Kraft card stock through my machine. I then layered this woodgrain piece with both a square white and green piece of card stock.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Poinsettia Dies Circle Snowflake Frame Dies Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Christmas Themed Card by Rachel Alvarado

For some added interest, I die cut another piece of green card stock with the Snowflake Circle Frame Die and added this to the center of my card. I then used this set to also cut some white snowflakes as accents. For my sentiment, I used the "Wishes" word die from the Layered Snowflake Frame Die and die cut my sentiment from white card stock. I glued this piece to the front of my card and added the word "Christmas" (from the Merry Mice Stamps Set) by heat embossing it with Fine Detail White Embossing Powder onto a strip of black card stock. Lastly, I added a few small White Pearls to the centers of my snowflakes and poinsettia.

I hope you've enjoyed my card today! Wishing you all a lovely weekend!

-------------------------------------------------------

Welcome back my crafty friends, it's Candice with you again this Friday sharing an elegant Christmas card for you today using the new Layered Poinsettia dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Poinsettia Dies Circle Snowflake Frame Dies Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Card by Candice Fisher

The fabulous Sunny Studio Stamps products I used are:
I began my card by creating an 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 card base which will fit nicely into the size 9A envelopes.

To create my background, I die cut strips from shimmer paper with the Frilly Frames Stripes die and using the negative for a guide, glued them to a piece of cardstock that I trimmed to fit on the front.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Poinsettia Dies Circle Snowflake Frame Dies Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Card by Candice Fisher

Next, I die cut the poinsettia leaves from the same shimmer paper. I then cut out three sets of the poinsettia petals, inking each layer with chipped sapphire, then faded jeans and topped with stormy sky.  

For my large sentiment, I die cut the winter wishes from silver and multiples from scrap white cardstock and layered. I then heat embossed the sentiment in silver and trimmed to create a banner. For a simple embellishment, I added a few white pearls.

Thank you so much for visiting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodgrain Embossing
Woodgrain Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Stamps
Merry Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Layered Poinsettia Dies
Layered Poinsettia Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Layered Snowflake Frame
Layered Snowflake Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowflake Circle Frame
Snowflake Circle Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: