Friday, November 22, 2019

Scenic Route Cards with Candice and Rachel

It's Candice with you today and I hope you are all getting ready for a fabulous weekend of crafting and I have some inspiration for you using the versatile Scenic Route stamp setHow many of you just had to get the adorable superheroes this summer and just haven't gotten to use them as much as you would like?! I decided to tie them into the holiday season, a perfect card for the comic lover in your family!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scenic Route Super Duper Woodland Borders Christmas Garland Frame Dies Winter Super Hero Themed Christmas Card by Candice Fisher

The Sunny Studio Stamps products I used are:
I first die cut the frame, using the negative to frame my scene. I filled the scene first with the night sky pattern paper and added the copic colored and glittered hills under the moon.  Next, I colored the houses and used the coordinating dies to cut out and pop dotted along the hillside.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scenic Route Super Duper Woodland Borders Christmas Garland Frame Dies Winter Super Hero Themed Christmas Card by Candice Fisher

I then die cut the stitched snowhills, layering along the bottom of the card and pop dotted the frame on top of the scene. For the sentiments, I first heat embossed the you're my favorite super hero on two separate navy banners and then die cut multiples of the christmas, the top one out of red glitter. I then die cut the comic bubble out of the same navy and heat embossed the ho, ho, ho in white and pop dotted it next to the Christmas superhero. I added a few green pearls to tie in the green around the sentiment.

I hope you are inspired to use some of your summer sets for Christmas in different ways!

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! It's Rachel here and I have a card to share with you today that focuses on the new Scenic Route Stamp Set. I combined this set with some cute snowmen from the Feeling Frosty Set to create a fun winter scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scenic Route Feeling Frosty Circle Woodland Borders Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Card by Rachel Alvarado

To start, I first trimmed a piece of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock to 8.5" x 3.5". I then blended the top portion of it with Spun Sugar and Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide Inks. I splattered this blend with both water and diluted Opaque White Paint to resemble snow. I also added a few white die cut snowflakes using the snowflake dies from the Snowflake Circle Frame Die Set.

I stamped my images with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto another sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock and colored them with Copics. I used the coordinating Scenic Route and Feeling Frosty die sets to cut them out once colored.

Copic Colors Used:
  • Pinks: RV000, RV00, RV52, RV55, RV66, RV69
  • Purples: BV000, BV02, BV13, BV17, BV08
  • Whites: 0, C00, C0, C2, C4
  • Greens: G20, G24, YG25, YG63
  • Dark Gray: W5, W8
  • Light Gray: W1, W3, W5
  • Snow Drifts: BG0000, BG11, BG53
Sunny Studio Stamps: Scenic Route Feeling Frosty Circle Woodland Borders Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Card by Rachel Alvarado

Once I had all of my scenery and images cut out, I adhered them carefully onto the front of my card where I wanted them to be aligned. I then used a paper trimmer to trim off any excess. I used the Woodland Border Dies to add a few extra stitched snow drifts. I stamped my sentiment onto the lower right corner of my lowest snow drift and lastly, adhered my snowmen with some 3D Foam Adhesive Squares for added dimension.

I hope you've enjoyed my card today! Thanks so much for dropping by! Wishing you all the most wonderful weekend!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Woodland Borders Dies
Woodland Borders Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Super Duper Stamps
Super Duper Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Super Duper Dies
Super Duper Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Very Merry 6x6 Paper
Very Merry 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Frosty Stamps
Feeling Frosty Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Frosty Dies
Feeling Frosty Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Stamps
Scenic Route Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Dies
Scenic Route Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowflake Circle Frame
Snowflake Circle Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Garland Frame
Christmas Garland Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments: