Saturday, November 9, 2019

Feeling Frosty Cards & Video Tutorial with Guest Laura Sterckz

Hi crafters! It's Laura Sterckx here from Making Cards Is Fun and I'm thrilled to be a Holiday Guest Designer for Sunny Studio. I decided to create two adorable winter cards featuring the Scenic Route and Frosty Friends Stamp Set. Make sure to watch the video tutorial for more information, tips and tricks! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Frosty Scenic Route Sliding Window Dies Winter Themed Cards by Laura Sterckx

For my first card, I created an interactive panel using the Sliding Window dies. I assembled the slider and used patterned paper from the Very Merry 6x6 Paper Pad. I just love these designs and the winter scene paper I used is perfect to create quick and easy cards! 



I stamped, colored and die cut the adorable snowmen from the Frosty Friends Stamp Set. For my second card, I combined it with one of the little kids from the Fall Kiddos Stamp Set to make it look like the girl built the snowmen on the card. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Frosty Scenic Route Sliding Window Dies Winter Themed Cards by Laura Sterckx

For the second card, I did quite a lot of fussy cutting and masking to create a fun winter village scene. This technique takes some time and effort but it's so worth it! I created an ink blended winter sky with Distress Oxide Inks and finished off both cards with heat embossed snowflakes. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Frosty Scenic Route Sliding Window Dies Winter Themed Cards by Laura Sterckx

That's it for now! Thank you so much for stopping by. Sending big hugs! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fall Kiddos Stamps
Fall Kiddos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Kiddos Dies
Fall Kiddos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sliding Window Dies
Sliding Window Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Frosty Stamps
Feeling Frosty Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Frosty Dies
Feeling Frosty Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Stamps
Scenic Route Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Dies
Scenic Route Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments: