Saturday, November 30, 2019

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Keeway Tsao

Hello friends! It’s Keeway Tsao from Kiwi Koncepts and I’m so excited to be here today to share with you some fun holiday inspirations with the Winter 2019 release!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Christmas Garland Frame Die Christmas Cards by Keeway Tsao

My first showcases the Merry Mice stamp and dies and Christmas Garland frame die. I first stamped the mice in stockings in a dark brown hybrid ink and colored them up with copic markers. I then used the matching dies to die cut the images out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Christmas Garland Frame Die Christmas Cards by Keeway Tsao

Next, I die cut the Christmas Garland frame out of white card stock. I then used a blending brush to ink blend various green distress oxide inks onto the frame. The different green inks add variation and depth to the pine. I ink blended an A2 panel with a lighter green and yellow ink colors to back the frame and also added berries that I had die cut out of red card stock.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Christmas Garland Frame Die Christmas Cards by Keeway Tsao

I stamped the sentiment in the bottom center and added my images above it with foam tape. Finally, I lightly dabbed on glue around each berry and sprinkled chunky glitter onto it to give it a sparkly look. After giving it a few minutes to dry, I used a brush to gently remove any loose glitter remaining on the card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Garland Frame Dies Santa Claus Lane Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Christmas Cards by Keeway Tsao

My next card showcases the Santa Claus Lane stamps and dies and Layered Snowflake Frame Die. Again, I stamped my images in a dark brown hybrid ink and colored them with copic markers. I die cut the images out with the matching dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Garland Frame Dies Santa Claus Lane Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Christmas Cards by Keeway Tsao

My background costs of three layers. The bottom layer is ink blended with Blueprint Sketch, Broken China, and Tumbled Glass distress oxide inks and splattered with white paint. The center layer is die cut with the smaller of the two Layered Snowflake Frames out of white card stock and gently blended with Tumbled Glass distress oxide ink. The top layer is die cut with the larger of the two Layered Snowflake Frames out of white card stock and ink blended with Broken China and Tumbled Glass distress oxide inks. These layers were adhered together.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Garland Frame Dies Santa Claus Lane Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Christmas Cards by Keeway Tsao

I used the large ‘merry christmas’ sentiment die from Christmas Garland frame die out of red card stock. This was added towards the bottom half of the card, with the images right above it with foam tape. Now that I’m in the glittery mood, I decided to dab some clear adhesive around the frame to add some chunky glitter around the snowflake frame for a sparkly final touch!

Hope you enjoy today’s inspiration and see you next time!

------------------------------------------------------


All retail purchases of any size will have 10% donated to Convoy of Hope to help with children’s feeding initiatives and disaster response.

And as always orders will also come with our mini holiday light bulb die (not pictured).

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Santa Claus Lane Dies
Santa Claus Lane Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Stamps
Merry Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Dies
Merry Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Layered Snowflake Frame
Layered Snowflake Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Garland Frame
Christmas Garland Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. The colours on your cards are so bright and happy, and you've framed the images beautifully.

    ReplyDelete