Monday, November 11, 2019

Snowflake Frame Dies Focused Cards with Leanne and Eloise

Hello crafty friends, Leanne here! I been inspired by some recent early winter weather here in my area. We had our first snow of the season. So I decided to play around with dies from the Snowflake Circle Frame and Layered Snowflake Frame to create the feeling of a winter party on a card. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowflake Circle Frame Dies Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Holiday Card by Leanne West

I wanted to make a unique background. I used two shades of green (CP Mint To Be & Garden Party ink) to create a splotchy watercolor look. I simply smooshed the ink pads onto a craft mat, spritzed with water, and then pressed a panel of Bristol Smooth card stock into the wet ink.  I dried the panel and repeated the process a few times. I then splattered thinned white paint over the entire panel. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowflake Circle Frame Dies Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Holiday Card by Leanne West

I made my own glitter card stock to die cut the snowflakes out of. I blended Tattered Rose and Candied Apple Distress Oxide Ink onto a panel of card stock. I then applied a thin coat of Nuvo Moonstone Glitter Paste over the inked panel. Once dry, I die cut the snowflakes from the area of the panel with the shade of pink I wanted.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowflake Circle Frame Dies Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Holiday Card by Leanne West

I trimmed the background panel slightly smaller than A2 size and adhered to a white card base. I added the snowflakes cascading down towards the left side. I also added some white pearls as a little extra embellishment. Next I adhered the greeting towards the lower right corner. I die cut the Winter Wishes greeting from white and green glitter card stock and then layered the two slightly offset. Lastly I tied white and silver twine around the folded side of the card. 

----------------------------------------------------

Hi friends, Eloise here and today I’m using the Layered Snowflake Frame Die to create a Christmas Card. I also pulled in Feeling Frosty for some images and Santa Claus Lane for a sentiment.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Feeling Frosty Winter Themed Holiday Card by Eloise Blue

I started off with stamping and colouring my images from Feeling Frosty and cutting them out. I then took two pieces of watercolour cardstock, cut them down to 4 1/4” to 4 1/4” and ink blended some blue Distress Inks on the bottom of each of them, fading to white. I then cut the Layered Snowflake Frame Die from one of them.

(Copic Markers Used: BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78 / W00, W0 / W1, W5 / 0 / B000, B00 / YR00, YR02, YR12, YR18 / YG61, YG63, YG67, G28 / V91, V93, V95, V97 / E53, E55, E57 / R000, R00)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Feeling Frosty Winter Themed Holiday Card by Eloise Blue

I then added foam tape to the back of the snowflake frame and also my images. I adhered the snowflake frame on top of the other distress inked piece and then adhered my images on top. For my sentiment I used the ‘Have A Magical Christmas’ sentiment from Santa Claus Lane onto a strip of black cardstock. Tied some twine to the side of it and adhered it onto my card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I’ll see you all next week. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Frosty Stamps
Feeling Frosty Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Frosty Dies
Feeling Frosty Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Layered Snowflake Frame
Layered Snowflake Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowflake Circle Frame
Snowflake Circle Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: