Sunday, November 17, 2019

Guest Designer Spotlight: Feeling Frosty Card with Wanda Guess

Hi everyone! Wanda Guess here! I'm always happy and excited to be the guest designer on the Sunny Studio Blog! I'm delighted to work with the beautiful and fun stamps and dies from Sunny Studio! The newest release is holiday fabulousness! I am obsessed with the Feeling Frosty snowmen and those Scenic Route Stamps!! I had so much fun creating a card to share with you all today. Please visit me on my blog sometime! You can find me at A Blog Called Wanda! Or find me on Instagram. Let's get started and take a look at my project. I'm sending you a frosty hello!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Frosty Scenic Route Stitched Oval Dies Winter Themed Snowman Card by Wanda Guess

This card is BIG! It's a 5.25 inch square card. I wanted lots of room to build my snowy scene, so I made my card base into a square from Neenah Cardstock. I used the amazing Very Merry Paper Pack too add that snowy sky to the scene. My layers are: white square card base, lime green cardstock, Snowy Sky patterned paper (from the Very Merry paper pack), Scenic Route die, Stitched Oval. (Yes, I love layers!). 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Frosty Scenic Route Stitched Oval Dies Winter Themed Snowman Card by Wanda Guess

I stamped and die cut out the three snowmen and the snowy hills/trees. I stamped a second snowy hill/trees and fussy cut out another grouping of trees. I had fun coloring everything with Copic Markers in vivid shades. For accents I added bits of white gel pen and Diamond Stickles. I also stamped some snowflakes onto the top most white layer.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Frosty Scenic Route Stitched Oval Dies Winter Themed Snowman Card by Wanda Guess

The sentiment was heat embossed with white embossing powder onto black cardstock. I love that look! Very graphic and clean. To assemble the card I used foam tape and a tape runner. The snowmen are popped off the card with foam tape. A few sparkly clear gems completed the card. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Feeling Frosty Scenic Route Stitched Oval Dies Winter Themed Snowman Card by Wanda Guess

How adorable are those snowmen?? I love them! I want to stamp a million of them. Ha! Sunny Studio stamps make me smile. The stamp sets are all perfectly sized and scaled to mix and match, and that makes it so much fun to create with all your stamp sets. I think I might make this card a second time and use tones of red and grey for a more farmhouse look! The possibilities are endless. 

Big thanks to Mendi for having me as a guest! I'm very blessed that she always invites me back! Merry Christmas Season! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Oval Dies
Stitched Oval Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Very Merry 6x6 Paper
Very Merry 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Frosty Stamps
Feeling Frosty Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Frosty Dies
Feeling Frosty Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Stamps
Scenic Route Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Dies
Scenic Route Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments: