Friday, September 6, 2024

Wood Barrel Die Focused Card with Nicky

Hello, this is Nicky with you today on the Sunny Studio blog and I'm sharing a 'Fall feel' card, focusing on our new Wood Barrel Die, with a fun sentiment.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wood Barrel Die Focused Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Punny Apple Greetings, Crisp Apple Dies, Buffalo Plaid Dies)

I created an A2 panel of green cardstock and applied it to my card base.  I then used the Buffalo Plaid Straight Die to die cut the white background panel which I glued to the green panel.

I die cut the Wood Barrel Die from kraft cardstock and for the metal strapping around the barrel I used black cardstock. I glued the parts together and used Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink to ink blend some of the barrel for shading. I backed the barrel with foam tape and applied it to the background.

I then took the small apple from the Crisp Apple Die and die cut it from green cardstock multiple times. I ink blended the green apples with The Stamp Market's 'Cherry' Ink  and I die cut the stalks from brown cardstock and the leaves using the same green cardstock. I blended the leaves with a little of The Stamp Market's 'Gumdrop' Ink. Using glue, I assembled all of the apples in a production line.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wood Barrel Die Focused Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Punny Apple Greetings, Crisp Apple Dies, Buffalo Plaid Dies)

With the apples assembled I then slowly layered them into the barrel using little pieces of foam tape on the reverse. I kept a couple of apples to use at the bottom of the barrel along with some fallen leaves. With one of the apples I stamped the smiley face which is included in the Punny Apple Greetings sentiment stamp set.

I then stamped the sentiment in two parts and applied these with foam tape and finished by using my white gel pen to highlight certain points.

Thank you for stopping by to read about this project, I'll be back next Friday with something new. Happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Punny Apple Greetings
Punny Apple Greetings
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Buffalo Plaid Straight Die
Buffalo Plaid Straight Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Crisp Apple Dies
Crisp Apple Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wood Barrel Dies
Wood Barrel Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment