Friday, September 20, 2024

Distinctive Door Die Focused Card with Nicky

Hello this is Nicky with you today on the Sunny Studio Stamps blog and I've a CAS style elegant card to share with you, showcasing our Distinctive Door Dies. Please read on for all the details.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Distinctive Door Die Focused Autumn Themed Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Distinctive Door Holiday Add-On Dies)

I took an A2 panel of white cardstock and to this I glued all the different parts created when using the Distinctive Door Dies. Before glueing them in place I used Copic markers in C3, C1, C0, C00 to shade the white paintwork of the columns etc.

For the door, I was inspired by my own mint coloured front door. I die cut it from a pale blue/green cardstock and I used the same Copic markers to do a little shading of the panels then I glued in place.

Next, I converted some dies from the Distinctive Door Holiday Add-On dies simply by colouring the topiaries, wreath and garland in vivid Autumnal hues. To achieve these colours I used The Stamp Market's inks  in Dion, Mango and Rusty and I dotted in some interest with black, green markers and a little white gel pen.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Distinctive Door Die Focused Autumn Themed Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Distinctive Door Holiday Add-On Dies)

The garland, wreath and topiaries were applied with foam tape to pop them up and out from the background and I finished the card by using the sentiments from Autumn Garland. I used the 'Rusty' Ink mentioned above to stamp the word 'Autumn'. Sentiments were applied with foam tape and then I used Copic markers to add the appearance of fallen leaves on the steps.

I backed the decorative panel with white craft foam and applied it to a slightly larger white card base and with that this card was done.

Thank you for stopping by to read the blog today and I'll be back next Friday with something new.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Autumn Garland Stamps
Autumn Garland Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Distinctive Door Dies
Distinctive Door Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Distinctive Door Holiday Add-on
Distinctive Door Holiday Add-on
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments: