Thursday, September 26, 2024

Autumn Garland Card with Marine

Hello crafty friends, Marine here with you today, I'm thrilled to be back on the blog with this bright and bold card showcasing the gorgeous Autumn Garland

Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Garland Fall Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Buffalo Plaid Dies, Straight Stripes Stencil)

I really wanted to feature two garlands on the same panel, but wasn't sure if they would fit, so I was happy that they did! I only had to trim a little bit of each element, and was able to keep both garlands on my panel. And once again, I chose to use kraft cardstock for the background panel, and for the garlands as well. I like to stencil and color on kraft cardstock all year round, but, to me, doing this during the fall season really emphasizes the autumn vibe of a card.

So, I started off by stamping two Autumn Garlands on kraft cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink. I cut them using the matching die, and colored them both using my alcohol markers. And I used my all time favorite autumn color palette, which is red, orange, yellow, khaki green, aqua and brown.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Garland Fall Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Buffalo Plaid Dies, Straight Stripes Stencil)

Next I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches kraft panel, and added texture to this panel using the Buffalo Plaid Diagonal die. And I colored it using the Diagonal Stripes stencil along with oxide inks in the same color palette as the Autumn Garlands: lumberjack plaid, rusty hinge, fossilized amber, peeled paint and peacock feathers. I mixed some vintage photo oxide ink and some ground espresso oxide ink with water, added splatters to the panel using a small brush, and then did the same with copic opaque white and with fossilized amber distress spritz for some nice shimmery splatters.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Garland Fall Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Buffalo Plaid Dies, Straight Stripes Stencil)

I added the same splatters to my garlands, and once they were dry, I attached them both on my panel using 1mm foam squares and trimmed the excess on the edges. I white heat embossed "Autumn greetings" from Autumn Garland on brown cardstock, cut "Autumn" using the matching die, trimmed "Greetings" into a slim banner, and attached both pieces between the garlands using 2mm foam squares. And finally I glued a few golden pearls here and there for an extra shiny touch.

And that's it! I really love how my card turned out, and I hope you like it too. Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next time.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Autumn Garland Stamps
Autumn Garland Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Autumn Garland Dies
Autumn Garland Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die
Buffalo Plaid Diagonal Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Diagonal & Straight Stripes Stencils
Diagonal & Straight Stripes Stencils
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment