Saturday, September 28, 2024

Guest Designer Spotlight: Holiday Cards with Rachel Alvarado

Sunny Studio Stamps: Roly Poly Penguins & Merry Mocha Holiday Cards by Rachel Alvarado

Hello crafty friends! It's Rachel here from RachelAlvaradoDesigns.com. I am thrilled to be back on the Sunny Studio Stamps blog today with two Christmas-themed cards using items from the new release.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Roly Poly Penguins Holiday Cards by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Festive Greetings)

For my first card, I created an 8.5" x 3.5" one-layer slimline card featuring the adorable new Roly Poly Penguins Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Roly Poly Penguins Holiday Cards by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Festive Greetings)

I first stamped a rough draft layout of my card (as shown above) onto a piece of scrap paper prior to actually stamping my actual card. I then used this rough draft and my MISTI to stamp and mask my images as I went. For my masking pieces, I used a piece of Gina K Designs Masking Magic Sheets to stamp my images onto before fussy cutting with a pair of scissors.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Roly Poly Penguins Holiday Cards by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Festive Greetings)

Once I was finished stamping and masking all of my images, I then added some Salvaged Patina Distress Ink to create my background. I then removed my masking pieces and colored my images with Copic Markers. Lastly, I used a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen to add some white "snow" dots on top of my images as well as stamped my sentiment from the Festive Greetings Stamp Set in the top left corner of my card.

Copic Colors Used:

  • Warm White: 0, W00, W1, W3
  • Cool White: 0, C00, C1, C3
  • Black: W5, W7, W9
  • Reds: R14, R35, R46, R89
Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mocha Holiday Cards by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Mug Hugs, Frilly Frame Dies)

For my second card, I featured the new Merry Mocha Stamp and Die Set as well as the previously released Mug Hugs Set and Frilly Frames Stripes Dies. I once again stamped my images onto a sheet of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Card Stock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then colored them with Copic Markers (the reds and cool whites are the same colors as listed for the card above.) 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mocha Holiday Cards by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Mug Hugs, Frilly Frame Dies)

Prior to coloring the mugs, I added a snowflake to the front of each one and drew some patterned lines on the mugs from the Mug Hugs Set with a fine-tip black marker pen.

I hope you enjoyed my cards today and will check out this amazing release! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Mug Hugs Dies
Mug Hugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mug Hugs Stamps
Mug Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Festive Greetings Stamps
Festive Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mocha Stamps
Merry Mocha Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mocha Dies
Merry Mocha Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Roly Poly Penguin Stamps
Roly Poly Penguin Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Roly Poly Penguin Dies
Roly Poly Penguin Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment