Thursday, September 5, 2024

Happy Howl-o-ween Card with Marine

Hello crafty friends, Marine here, I'm so happy to share this spooky cute and colorful card with you today showcasing the super adorable pups from Happy Howl-o-ween. They're so fun, I adore them, and I hope to be able to feature them on more cards in the coming weeks.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Howl-o-ween Card by Marine Simon (featuring Scenic Route, Too Cute To Spook, Fall Scenes)

I went for quite a simple background for this card, and started off by cutting a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel that I divided in two parts: the sky in the upper part, and grass in the lower part. For the sky, I applied, from top to bottom, salty ocean and prize ribbon oxide inks. I splattered water droplets that I dried using a paper towel. I mixed a drop of liquid stardust with a couple of water droplets, added more splatters to the sky, and next I mixed some black soot oxide ink with water to make even more splatters. For the grass, I started off by applying mowed lawn oxide ink on the whole section, and next blended some rustic wilderness oxide ink at the bottom and on the sides. I mixed some rustic wilderness oxide ink with water and added splatters on my green section. And then I mixed some copic opaque white ink with water, and added splatters all over the panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Howl-o-ween Card by Marine Simon (featuring Scenic Route, Too Cute To Spook, Fall Scenes)

I stamped my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the matching dies, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers, my Graph'it brush markers, and my Ohuhu markers. And for some extra fun, I picked a purple, aqua, green, yellow and orange color palette for the houses and lights.

Here is a detailed list of the stamp sets I used: • Happy Howl-o-ween - dogs • Scenic Route - houses, lights • Fall Scenes - bats, small pumpkins, trees • Too Cute To Spook - spiders, tiny Jack 'O Lantern face.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Howl-o-ween Card by Marine Simon (featuring Scenic Route, Too Cute To Spook, Fall Scenes)

Once the coloring was done, I white heat embossed my "Wishing you a grrreat Halloween" greeting from Happy Howl-o-ween at the bottom of my panel, and then attached all my images using 1mm and 2mm foam squares. I added a drop of white blizzard nuvo drops on each light to make them all shine, and finished my card by adding highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen. 

And that's it! Here's to a fun and colorful Halloween! Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next time!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Scenic Route Stamps
Scenic Route Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Dies
Scenic Route Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Scenes Stamps
Fall Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Scenes Dies
Fall Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Too Cute To Spook Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Too Cute To Spook Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Howl-o-ween Stamps
Happy Howl-o-ween Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Howl-o-ween Dies
Happy Howl-o-ween Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment