Saturday, January 27, 2024

Treat Bag Topper Gift with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today sharing a fun Valentine's gift using the Treat Bag Topper Dies. These dies are perfect for any occasion and add such a great touch to a little gift!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Treat Bag Topper Die Focused Valentine's Day Treat Bag by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Sprawling Surfaces, Truckloads Of Love, Scalloped Heart Dies, Stitched Heart Dies, Loopy Letter Dies, Dotted Diamond Dies)

I started by die-cutting the topper from white cardstock and then die-cutting it with the Dotted Diamond Landscape Die for a little texture. Since I chose a panda in my little scene, I die-cut the topper again from black cardstock and overlapped/adhered the white and black toppers together.

Next, I die-cut the stitched rectangle in the dies from cream cardstock and inked it lightly with Saltwater Taffy Distress ink. I also splattered a little watered down white and black paints with a fan brush. I then stamped the cobblestone stamp from the Sprawling Surfaces Stamps on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock and colored it with Copics. I used the same stitched rectangle die and die-cut the top portion of the stamp. I used scissors and cut along the top edge of the cobblestone and adhered it to the bottom of the cream stitched rectangle.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Treat Bag Topper Die Focused Valentine's Day Treat Bag by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Sprawling Surfaces, Truckloads Of Love, Scalloped Heart Dies, Stitched Heart Dies, Loopy Letter Dies, Dotted Diamond Dies)

Next, I stamped the panda, truck, hearts and heart balloons on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and die-cut them using the coordinating dies.

I used the following stamps/dies:
Bighearted Bears Stamps/Dies (heart balloons)

Balloon Rides Stamps/Dies (panda)

Truckloads of Love Stamps/Dies

 

I adhered the heart balloons to the treat bag topper first and then adhered the stitched rectangle with the truck. I heat embossed small sentiments from the Truckloads of Love Stamps and Panda Party Stamps on pink cardstock with white embossing powder and hand cut around them. I die-cut the "love" sentiment using the Loopy Letters Dies from black and white cardstock and layered them together.

 

The Treat Bag Topper Dies are sized perfectly to fit the top of a cellophane treat bag, but I decided to make an outer sleeve to go over a cellophane bag. This allowed the treat bag to stand upright with candy inside. To make this, I cut a piece of kraft cardstock 4" x 11" and scored it on the 11" side at 4 3/4" and 6 1/4". I then die-cut one end of the cardstock using the Dotted Diamond Landscape Die to match the topper.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Treat Bag Topper Die Focused Valentine's Day Treat Bag by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Sprawling Surfaces, Truckloads Of Love, Scalloped Heart Dies, Stitched Heart Dies, Loopy Letter Dies, Dotted Diamond Dies)


I created a window to see the treats inside by die-cutting the cardstock 3/4" up from the score line using the second largest Stitched Heart 2 Dies. To get a scalloped heart border around the opening, I die-cut a piece of pink cardstock using the second largest Scalloped Heart Dies and then die-cut it using the second largest Stitched Heart 2 Dies. I then adhered the scalloped frame around the opening.

 

To finish, I filled a cellophane treat bag with some candy, set it inside the folded kraft cardstock piece and stapled it at the top.  I then adhered my treat bag topper to the top of the kraft cardstock.

 

I had a lot of fun making this and hope you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:


Loopy Letters Dies
Loopy Letters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Heart Dies
Scalloped Heart Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Heart 2 Dies
Stitched Heart 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Stamps
Panda Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Dies
Panda Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dotted Diamond Landscape
Dotted Diamond Landscape
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Truckloads of Love Stamps
Truckloads of Love Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Truckloads of Love Dies
Truckloads of Love Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bighearted Bears Stamps
Bighearted Bears Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bighearted Bears Dies
Bighearted Bears Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sprawling Surfaces Stamps
Sprawling Surfaces Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Treat Bag Topper Die
Treat Bag Topper Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment