Friday, January 12, 2024

Love Birds Card with Nicky

Hi this is Nicky with you today with my first blog post as a member of the Sunny Studio Design Team and I have a sweet card created using the brand new Love Birds stamp set

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Birds Card by Nicky Meek (featuring Chloe Alphabet Dies, Brilliant Banner Dies, Fancy Frame Dies)

To create this card I first took two panels of white cardstock and I used the Fancy Frames Rectangle die to die cut twice. I glued the frames together to make them nice and sturdy and with the negative cut from the centre that was created I blended softly with a peachy pink ink. I adhered the frame to a panel of pale pink cardstock and then I recessed the ink blended background panel through the opening and glued it into place.

I created the word LOVE using the Chloe Alphabet Die. I die cut each letter 3 times and glued them in stacks and used Copic markers to create an ombré affect. I die cut some pale pink cardstock using the Brilliant Banner 2 die and stamped the sentiments from the Love Birds stamp set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Birds Card by Nicky Meek (featuring Chloe Alphabet Dies, Brilliant Banner Dies, Fancy Frame Dies)

In nature, Love Birds come in so many beautiful colours so you can really have fun recreating these birds every time you use the stamp set but I chose a variety called 'Peach-Faced Love Bird' to inspire mine. I stamped the images then used the following Copic marker combinations to colour everything:

Birds - BG32, G00, G000, G0000, C1, C0, E01, R00, R000
Blushes - R22, R21, R20, R00
Branch - E44, E43, E42
Leaves - BG32, G00, G000, G0000
Flowers - Y23, R000
Heart - R21, R00

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Birds Card by Nicky Meek (featuring Chloe Alphabet Dies, Brilliant Banner Dies, Fancy Frame Dies)

The images were die cut using the coordinating dies and applied with foam tape and then underneath I glued the word LOVE and after that I added the banner with more foam tape.

To finish up I used a white gel pen to dot in some interest to the blended background and to highlight points on the coloured images and then it was complete.

Thanks for visiting the Sunny blog, I'll be back just about every Friday with something new to share.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Brilliant Banner 2 Dies
Brilliant Banner 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Birds Stamps
Love Birds Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Birds Dies
Love Birds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. I adore this! It's got to be in my top 5 faves that SS emails have delivered to my inbox in at least the past 6 months. GREAT WORK!! So pretty! Love the punny sentiment!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete