Monday, January 8, 2024

Bighearted Bears Card with Leanne

Hello crafty friends, Leanne here! Happy New Year! I'm absolutely thrilled to be back on the blog. Every Monday I'll be here sharing paper crafting inspiration featuring all the latest and greatest products from Sunny Studio.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bighearted Bears Valentine's Day Card by Leanne West (featuring Stitched Heart Dies)

For today's post, I have made what I call a triple heart slimline card. This special shaped card design is easy to make with heart dies. I have used the Stitched Heart 2 dies. With the largest one in the set I die cut six hearts to create a card front and back. I have decorated my card with adorable images from the new Bighearted Bears stamp set

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bighearted Bears Valentine's Day Card by Leanne West (featuring Stitched Heart Dies)

I've assembled the back of the card with three of the hearts cut from white heavy weight card stock. I adhered them together with the center heart on top and overlapping the other two. I used a slimline envelope as a guide so the total length of my card base is just a bit shorter. I wanted to be sure the assembled card fits in the envelope. 

After the back three hearts have been adhered, I scored a line along the top edge. Above the scored line is where I adhered the hearts for the card front. I used two red and one pale pink for the front. When all the hearts are secured, the card will have a hinge and open as any traditional card would.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bighearted Bears Valentine's Day Card by Leanne West (featuring Stitched Heart Dies)

To finish the front of the card, I layered on some smaller hearts which have been ink blended, splattered, and stamped with Valentine sentiments from the Bighearted Bears stamp set. I then picked out a few of the bear images to Copic color and add... three for the front and one for the inside. Even though this is a unique shaped card, there's still plenty of space on the inside to write a personal message to the recipient. It also will stand up for displaying just like a regular card. 

Here are the Copic colors I used to color the bears: grey shading & black - N0, N2, N4, N4; red & pink cheeks - R00, R20, R32, R35, R39. 

Thanks for stopping by today and I'll see you all next Monday! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Heart 2 Dies
Stitched Heart 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bighearted Bears Stamps
Bighearted Bears Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bighearted Bears Dies
Bighearted Bears Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment