Saturday, January 13, 2024

Bighearted Bears Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today sharing a Valentine’s card pairing the sweet Bighearted Bears Stamps with a fun bold sentiment from the My Heart Stamps.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bighearted Bears Valentine's Day Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Heartstring Border Dies, Bursting Hearts Dies, Quilted Heart Dies, My Heart)

I chose a soft pink, cream and gray color scheme to really make those adorable pandas take center stage. I started by cutting a piece of cream cardstock 3 1/2" x 4 1/4" and inked it with Spun Sugar and Saltwater Taffy Distress inks just short of the edges of the cardstock. I splattered a little watered down Dr. Ph Martin’s Bleed Proof White with a fan brush. After the piece was completely dry, I heat embossed the sentiment from the My Heart Stamps with white embossing powder. I then adhered this piece to the top of a white A2 card base.

Next, I cut a piece of gray cardstock 2” x 4 1/4" and die-cut it using the Quilted Hearts Portrait Die. I adhered this to the bottom of the card front. I cut a piece of cream cardstock 1/2" x 4 1/4" and die-cut it using a Heartstrings Border Die. I adhered this to a 1/4" x 4 1/4" strip of black cardstock overlapping it until just a thin portion of the black strip was visible. I then adhered this combined piece along the top edge of the gray cardstock. Using another die from the Heartstrings Border Dies, I die-cut a piece of pink cardstock and adhered the small hearts to the cream die-cut piece.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bighearted Bears Valentine's Day Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Heartstring Border Dies, Bursting Hearts Dies, Quilted Heart Dies, My Heart)

To finish, I stamped the bears on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. I added a few extra hearts by die-cutting a piece of white cardstock using the Bursting Hearts die, inked them with Saltwater Taffy Distress ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder for a little shine.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Heartstrings Border Dies
Heartstrings Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bursting Heart Die
Bursting Heart Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bighearted Bears Stamps
Bighearted Bears Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bighearted Bears Dies
Bighearted Bears Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
My Heart Stamps
My Heart Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
My Heart Dies
My Heart Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment