Monday, January 29, 2024

Love Birds Card with Leanne

Hello and happy Monday! Leanne here to share some fresh card making inspiration showcasing the Love Birds stamp set.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Bird Card by Leanne West (featuring Dotted Diamond Dies, Fancy Frame Dies, Lovey Dovey)

I started with a light aqua blue card base. I trimmed a panel of white card stock down just slightly smaller than my A2 card base. I ran that panel through my die cut machine with the Dotted Diamond Portrait die to give it that decorative texture.  I then used a Fancy Frames Circle die to cut out a scalloped circle shaped window.  I also die cut some peach card stock with that same circle frame die four times.  The peach scalloped circles have been stacked and adhered together to create one thick frame to highlight the scene.  

I used a blend of Tattered Rose and Dried Marigold Distress Oxide inks to create a soft peachy background to put behind the window.  I Copic colored the birds and branch images. I used the coordinating Love Birds dies to cut them out and then added them onto the card.  I tucked one bird behind the top of circle window so he's peeking out and looking down at the one perched on the branch.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Bird Card by Leanne West (featuring Dotted Diamond Dies, Fancy Frame Dies, Lovey Dovey)

Copic's used for coloring the stamped images:

peach - YR01, YR61, YR02
aqua blue - BB70, BG10, BG11, BG13
brown - E41, E42
green - G43, G94
yellow flower center - Y11, Y15
rosy cheeks - R00, R20

I stamped the word "tweetheart" directly onto the background. It fit perfectly in the space between the birds.  To finish the greeting I added a sentiment from the Lovey Dovey stamp set.  

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovey Dovey Stamps
Lovey Dovey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovey Dovey Dies
Lovey Dovey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dotted Diamond Portrait
Dotted Diamond Portrait
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Birds Stamps
Love Birds Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Birds Dies
Love Birds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Dear Leanne and SS -
    Oh, my GOSH!! I may have to gush a bit here!! I ADORE this. The colors, the layout, everything!!!! Maybe I missed it... what ink did you use for the main sentiment (You Make Me Happy)? Salvaged Patina? This is a "10"... if I could give it a "12," I would.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori! Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I used a Catherine Pooler ink color called Hot Tub to stamp "you make me happy" but Salvaged Patina would be similar if you don't have that CP ink color.

      Delete