Friday, January 19, 2024

Gift Card Envelope Die Focused Card with Nicky

Hi everyone this is Nicky back with you today and I have a new project for Sunny Studio Stamps and I created this sweet Valentine card using the Gift Card Envelope die 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Gift Card Envelope Die Focused Love Themed Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Bighearted Bears, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Eyelet Lace Border Dies)

I started by creating a white A2 panel of cardstock. Over this I layered a slightly smaller panel of pearlescent pink vellum and over the top of that I layered a panel of the Subtle Grey Tones patterned cardstock that was die cut to size using the Stitched Rectangle Die. I backed this panel with some white craft foam and adhered. This whole background panel was adhered to the card base.

I used more of the same vellum to die cut and assemble the Gift Card Envelope. Whilst of course it is sized perfectly to hold a gift card, this die is useful well beyond this one purpose.  You could do what I did and create a little love note within or it could be used to hold a handmade gift tag and adorn the top of a gift among other ideas. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Gift Card Envelope Die Focused Love Themed Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Bighearted Bears, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Eyelet Lace Border Dies)

My little love note was created from white cardstock, I die-cut the lacy border using the Eyelet Lace Border dies and used some of the words from the Gift Card Envelope die and some silver cardstock to create the sentiment. The envelope was adhered at an angle on the background and with the little love note semi-tucked inside and just barely adhered with removable tape in case the recipient wanted to take it out.

I stamped the images I was needing to work with from the Big Hearted Bears stamp set. The images were coloured with the following Copic marker combinations.

Mailbox - C3, C1, C0
Pandas - T6, T5, T4, C1, C0, E40
Blushes - R22, R20, R00
Bicycle - R22, R20, R00, T6, T5, T4
Envelopes - R22, C3, C1, C0

Sunny Studio Stamps: Gift Card Envelope Die Focused Love Themed Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Bighearted Bears, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Eyelet Lace Border Dies)

The images were die cut using the coordinating dies and applied with dimensional foam tape and a few points were highlighted with a white gel pen and with that, this card was done!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today, I'll be back next Friday with something new.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Eyelet Lace Borders
Eyelet Lace Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bighearted Bears Stamps
Bighearted Bears Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bighearted Bears Dies
Bighearted Bears Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gift Card Envelope Die
Gift Card Envelope Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. I just left a note for Nikki over at her site. I love this card! I love the soft colors, the snowflake / floral (eyelet) border at the top of the love note, the sweet pandas... really the entire thing is fantastic!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete