Thursday, January 11, 2024

Treat Bag Topper Card & Treat Bag with Marine

Hello crafty friends, Marine here, I'm so thrilled to be back on the blog with my first project of the year, and I'm so excited about the new items from the Spring 2024 release! As you may or may not know, I am for mixing and matching new stuff with older stuff. Here my new stuff is the Treat Bag Topper, and my older stuff is Love Monkey, which I used for the very first time, and that was so fun!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Treat Bag Topper Die Focused Valentine's Day Projects by Marine Simon (featuring Love Monkey, Stitched Heart Dies)

As very often, I started off with the coloring and stamped all my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink. I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and used my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and Graph'it brush markers to color everything. And as you can see, I went for traditional Valentine colors.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Treat Bag Topper Die Focused Valentine's Day Projects by Marine Simon (featuring Love Monkey, Stitched Heart Dies)

Next I cut two identical Strathmore bristol smooth square panels and colored them both using a cloudy stencil along with spun sugar and worn lipstick oxide inks. I kept one of those two panels and cut a heart window out of it using the largest Stitched Heart 2, attached a piece of acetate at the back, on the front I stamped my "Swinging by to say I love you" greeting from Love Monkey on the acetate using black Stazon ink, and at the back of my panel I added foam strips all along the heart window, following its shape, and on the four sides as well. I poured some iridescent heart confetti and Red & Pink Confetti on the acetate, and then stuck my second cloudy panel to the foam strips to totally close my shaker.

I attached my shaker panel on a larger red panel from Holiday Cheer, and stuck my images using 1mm foam squares. Added highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen, and then moved on to the Treat Bag Topper.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Treat Bag Topper Die Focused Valentine's Day Projects by Marine Simon (featuring Love Monkey, Stitched Heart Dies)

I started off by cutting the small stitched panel out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock and colored it the same way as my card using spun sugar and worn lipstick oxide inks. I stamped my "For my little love monkey" greeting from Love Monkey on the right side, cut the main Treat Bag Topper piece out of the same red Holiday Cheer paper as before, and attached my small stitched panel on the main piece using liquid glue. I stuck the images using 1mm foam squares, added highlights and details using a white gel pen, and finally added a cute little bow on the handle.

And that's it! Coloring those cute monkeys was super fun, and I adore the Treat Bag Topper, it's so cool I want to use it all the time. By the way, it is not impossible that my next project features it, so stay tuned for more inspiration! Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you soon!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Stamps
Love Monkey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Dies
Love Monkey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Heart 2 Dies
Stitched Heart 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Treat Bag Topper Die
Treat Bag Topper Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! What a lovely card and treat topper!
    Lori S in PA (USA)

    ReplyDelete