Monday, June 19, 2023

Summer Sweets Card with Bobbi

Bobbi here with you today! Summertime is the season for sweet and cool treats like popsicles, ice cream cones and sandwiches, iced-tea, a favorite-flavored soda and a sundae. Sunny Studio Stamps has thought of all the favorite treats in this “cool” set called, “Summer Sweets.” I’m using the Summer Sweets stamp set and dies for this 5″ X 7″ card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Sweets Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Stitched Circle Dies)

For this card, I created a “pattern” background by stamping all the cute treats and a few of the sentiments from the set in black on white cardstock. I splattered bright ink colors over the black and white using my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor paints and a small fan brush. I also added some more bolder tiny squares of color using my Copic Markers. I used a very random pattern when adding the squares.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Sweets Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Stitched Circle Dies)

For the focal point, I stamped individual sweets (some of my favorites) and three tiny cherries and cut them using the coordinating dies. I colored them using Copic markers.  I attached them to a circle of watercolor paper that was also splattered and color washed with color.  I used foam tabs behind the three center treats – iced tea, soda and popsicle – to make them stand out. I stamped the sentiment, “You’re the Coolest” right under the treats using black ink. I added an aqua outline by attaching a larger circle of color around the watercolor circle (both using the Stitched Circle Large Dies and attached it to the middle of the card front panel. The entire panel was adhered to a white card base to complete the card.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

1
1
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Sweets Dies
Summer Sweets Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: