Saturday, June 10, 2023

Guest Designer Spotlight: Scrumptious Cupcake Card with Leanne West

Hello everyone, Leanne West here with you! Can you believe it's almost summer? There are lots of summer birthdays in my family so I always like to restock my stash of birthday cards in June. I came up with a birthday card design using the fun images from Scrupmtious Cupcakes which I can duplicate easily. It's a mini slimline card which measures 6.25" long by 3.5" wide.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scrumptious Cupcakes Birthday Card by Leanne West (featuring Icing Border Dies, Inside Greetings)

For this sample, I have chosen pink as the primary color with yellow, chocolate brown, and red as the accent colors. I plan on making many more but change the pink out for other colors like aqua blue, lavender, or mint green. I figure I can use the recipients favorite color. Each card will have a row of four cupcakes, some cherries, and the Happy Birthday greeting across the length of the card. I've used one of the Icing Border dies to frame in this row. Even though the die only cuts a 5.5" long border piece, I was able to glue two together seamlessly to cover the full length of my mini slimline card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scrumptious Cupcakes Birthday Card by Leanne West (featuring Icing Border Dies, Inside Greetings)

To kick this card design up a notch, I've highlighted the swirls of cupcake icing with some Stickles Glitter Glue. Stickles is always such easy way to give anything a touch of sparkle. I've added Glossy Accents over the cherries to make them really shiny and fresh looking. And lastly I decided to add an additional sentiment below the big Happy Birthday greeting. You would't have to do this but I felt it balanced the design out nicely. This sentiment comes from the Inside Greetings Birthday stamp set.  

Ink colors used for stamping: Altenew Crisp Dye Ink - Baby Pink, Fuchsia, Buttercream, Warm Sunshine, Fresh Leaf, Pink Pearl, Coral Bliss, Heart Beat; brown ink color is Catherine Pooler Icing On the Cake

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Icing Border DIes
Icing Border DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings Birthday
Inside Greetings Birthday
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scrumptious Cupcakes Stamps
Scrumptious Cupcakes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scrumptious Cupcakes Dies
Scrumptious Cupcakes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment