Sunday, June 25, 2023

Birthday Cat Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today and these adorable little kitties are throwing the purrfect birthday party!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Birthday Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Stitched Retangle Dies, Crepe Paper Streamers Dies, Perfect Gift Boxes Dies)

I chose a really simple design for this A2 card to really let these kitties take center stage. To start, I cut a piece of white cardstock 3 5/8” x 4 7/8”, placed a post-it note across the panel 3/4" from the bottom and lightly inked with Lost Shadow Distress ink. I covered the gray area with the post-it note and stamped confetti using stamps from the Birthday Cat Stamps on the rest of the panel in aqua, lime green and pink inks. For more festivity, I watered down a little of each ink and splattered the panel using paintbrushes.

Next, I heat embossed the sentiment from the Birthday Cat Stamps in black embossing powder 1 1/4” from the top of the panel. I die-cut a silver metallic cardstock using the largest Stitched Rectangles Dies, matted the panel on it and adhered it to the card front.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Birthday Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Stitched Retangle Dies, Crepe Paper Streamers Dies, Perfect Gift Boxes Dies)

I die-cut 3 streamers from white cardstock using the Crepe Paper Streamers Dies and inked them with the same ink colors I used on the background. I adhered them across the top of the card and trimmed the excess from the edges.

To finish, I die-cut a gift box, ribbon and bow from white cardstock using the Perfect Gift Boxes Dies. I inked the box using Kitsch Flamingo Distress ink and added some depth with Copic markers. I also colored the ribbon and bow with Copics. I stamped the images on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and die-cut them using the coordinating dies.

I used the following stamps and dies:
Birthday Cat Stamps and Dies
Birthday Mouse Stamps and Dies (balloons)

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Stamps
Birthday Cat Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Dies
Birthday Cat Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Mouse Stamps
Birthday Mouse Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Mouse Dies
Birthday Mouse Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Crepe Paper Streamers Dies
Crepe Paper Streamers Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Perfect Gift Boxes Dies
Perfect Gift Boxes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is absolutely adorable!! It is so cheerful and colorful and happy ~ everything a birthday card should be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your talent and inspiring us to think beyond traditional craft supplies. And let's not forget the joy of free shein gift card, where affordable finds can help us add a touch of uniqueness to our crafting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crafting, like any creative pursuit, thrives on inspiration and the ability to think outside the box. Exploring stores like ross can spark our creativity, offering materials and tools that we may not have considered using before.

    ReplyDelete