Monday, June 26, 2023

Slice of Summer Card with Bobbi

Hello friends, Bobbi here. It’s another summer day and this week I’m filling it with some fresh fruit from the Sunny garden of stamps! I’m using the Slice of Summer stamps and dies to create this fresh card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slice Of Summer Card by Bobbi Lemanski

To create my 5″ X 7″ card, I started with a card front panel cut from watercolor paper. I use Canson XL watercolor paper (blue pad). I hand colored a large pinkish-red heart using Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor paints. I added splattering in colors to match the fruit of the set – yellows, lime greens, pinks and reds. I wanted the background to be really organic looking and fresh… just like the fruit!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slice Of Summer Card by Bobbi Lemanski

I stamped and cut the fruit following the layering guide on the Sunny Studio Stamps web page. It was a great reference to have while stamping the fruit. Like all layered stamping I do, I can’t help but add a few additional markings using Copics for greater shadows and white Gelly Roll pens for more highlights. However, with this set you really don’t need to because Sunny Studios has already included highlights and shadows within the layers. How cool is that?!

The fruit was attached, over the organic heart shape with one of the watermelon slices popped up using foam dots. Did you notice the bite out of one of the watermelon slices? I created the teeth marks using a scallop circle punch I had stash.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Slice Of Summer Card by Bobbi Lemanski

Okay, I’m going to be real with you now. I made a mistake in the lower right corner when stamping the sentiment. My paper shifted in my stamping tool and did not line up exactly with the first layer. Like all mistakes I make, I generally turn it into something I like even better. I tore the watercolor paper at the bottom and added a piece of pattern paper in a lime green sunburst pattern from the Classic Sunburst paper pack to the base and ended up loving the card even more! I stamped the phrase from the same fruit set again and added some white dots for a burst of energy to complete the card.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Slice of Summer Stamps
Slice of Summer Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slice of Summer Dies
Slice of Summer Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classic Sunburst Paper
Classic Sunburst Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment