Friday, June 23, 2023

Everything's Rosy Card with Tina

Hello crafty friends, it’s Tina and today we are talking about lots of layering! First up I am creating gorgeous flowers with the layering stamp and die set Everything’s Rosy! The detail in these stamps is just amazing and you end up with such great realistic roses.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Everything's Rosy Thank You Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Big Bold Greetings, Spring Greenery Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies)

As always with layering stamps I used a trick I learned from Jennifer McGuire using the dies and a stamping tool. You start by die cutting the basic shapes, in this case the two roses and the clustered leaves. I cut each shape several times. You put the negative pieces of cardstock inside the stamping tool, so you can just pop in the basic shapes.

Next, I removed all the stamps from the plastic sheet they come on. You place the first drawing (the 1a image) onto the cut basic shape for perfect placement. I secure the plastic in place with some low tack tape. Next, I place the coordinating stamp onto the drawing and line it up with the lines of the image. Then you just pick up the stamp with the door of your stamping tool and remove the plastic, you’ll get perfect stamping each time! Repeat the same process for each layer. I always stamp more images than I need, giving myself some room to play with the design.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Everything's Rosy Thank You Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Big Bold Greetings, Spring Greenery Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies)

I created a white A2 card base and covered it with a pretty teal paper from the Sweater Weather paper pad. This ties in nicely with the teal inks I used on the leaves. I cut a white panel with the Frilly Frames Stripes Die and layered it on top of the teal one. Next, I added a white circle using the largest of the Scalloped Circle Mats 3.

Now it was time to lay down my roses and leaves, so I could see how much room I had left for a sentiment. I fiddled a bit with the placement and once I was happy, I could adhere the arrangement with liquid glue and dimensional foam tapes. As a little bonus, I added some white and teal leaves cut with the Spring Greenery dies.

I stamped the beautiful scripty ‘Thank You’ from the Big Bold Greetings in Versafine Onyx Black ink and cut it with the matching die. A few Chrystal Clear Jewels were scattered around the sentiment.

I hope you will create beautiful bouquets with these gorgeous, layered roses! Thank you for joining me and happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Everything's Rosy Stamps
Everything's Rosy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Everything's Rosy Dies
Everything's Rosy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Circle Mat 3 Dies
Scalloped Circle Mat 3 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sweater Weather Paper
Sweater Weather Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Greenery Dies
Spring Greenery Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. This card is lovely! I adore the layered rose stamps, the design, and all the layers you created. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete