Sunday, June 11, 2023

Slice of Summer Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today sharing a fresh summer card featuring the Slice of Summer Stamps. Summer is my favorite season and I just love making tropical cards!


Sunny Studio Stamps: Slice Of Summer Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Radiant Plumeria, Tropical Trees Backdrop Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies)

This is an A2 size card and I’ve combined some beautiful tropical products on this one. I started by die-cutting a piece of white cardstock using the largest Stitched Rectangle Die and inked it with Kitsch Flamingo Distress ink. I then embossed it using the Moroccan Circles Embossing Folder. I matted it on black cardstock and adhered it to the card front.

 

Next, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using the largest Fancy Frames Oval Die. For the ocean background on this piece, I placed a post-it note across the oval 1 1/2" from the bottom and inked the bottom of the oval with Antique Linen Distress ink. I left the post-it note in place and die-cut a piece of eclipse masking tape using the sand portion of the Tropical Trees Backdrop Die. I placed this across the very bottom of the oval and inked the ocean with Peacock Feathers Distress ink. I inked lighter in some areas to allow a little of the Antique Linen ink to show through as a reflection of the sky on the water. I removed the masks and placed the post-it note over the ocean/sand. I then inked the sky with Kitsch Flamingo, Dried Marigold, Scattered Straw and Tumbled Glass Distress inks. I heat embossed the HELLO sentiment from the Radiant Plumeria Stamps with black embossing powder 2” from the top of the oval and 1” from the left edge.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Slice Of Summer Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Radiant Plumeria, Tropical Trees Backdrop Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies)

I die-cut the largest Fancy Frames Oval Die from black cardstock and adhered the frame to the ocean background on the card front. I die-cut the Tropical Trees Backdrop Die from black cardstock and adhered the largest palm tree and a seagull.

 

To finish, I stamped the limes from the Slice of Summer Stamps using Simon Says Stamp Celery, Limelicious and Pearfection inks and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. I stamped the plumeria from the Radiant Plumeria Stamps using various pink and yellow inks from my stash and die-cut it using the coordinating dies. Finally, I heat embossed the “Summer” sentiment from the Radiant Plumeria Stamps on black cardstock with white embossing powder and fussy cut around the sentiment.

 

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Ovals
Fancy Frames- Ovals
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slice of Summer Stamps
Slice of Summer Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slice of Summer Dies
Slice of Summer Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Moroccan Circles Embossing
Moroccan Circles Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Dies
Radiant Plumeria Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Trees Backdrop
Tropical Trees Backdrop
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment