Saturday, June 24, 2023

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Rachel Alvarado

Hello crafty friends! It's Rachel here from RachelAlvaradoDesigns.com, and I have two birthday card ideas to share with you today using some fun products from the latest Sunny Studio Stamps release.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado

My first card is a one-layered, CAS card that features both the new Birthday Cats Stamp Set combined with the previously released Purrfect Birthday Set. I used a piece of Gina K. Designs Masking Magic Sheets to mask my images as I stamped so that it would appear that some of the images were behind one another, therefore giving my design the illusion of depth.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado

Once my images were all stamped and masked onto a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, I then lightly blended a background area with some Speckled Egg Distress Oxide Ink. I added a few white ink spatters using some diluted Copic Opaque White Paint, and then added a few dark "spatters" with some Copic Markers. Once my background was finished, I then removed my masking pieces and colored my scene with Copic Markers (colors listed below).

Copic Colors Used:

  • Grays: W00, W1, W3, W5
  • Brown Cat: E41, E42, E43, E44
  • Greens: G00, G02, BG18
  • Blues: BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78
  • Shadows/Ground: T00, T2, T4
Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado

Once I was finished coloring, I added some white highlights with a Sakura Gelly Roll White Pen (size 10) and then stamped my sentiment from the 
Scrumptious Cupcakes Stamp Set in the upper righthand corner of my card with more Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scrumptious Cupcakes Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado

For my second card, I created a super simple birthday card featuring the gorgeous Scrumptious Cupcakes Layering Stamp Set. I chose three shades of pink and three shades of teal to create all of my cupcakes today. It doesn't matter what colors you decide to use, but the layering images work best if you pick a light, medium, and a dark shade of whatever color you decide to use. For my cupcakes, I used (pinks) Pinkfresh Ballet Slippers, Sparkling Rose, and Bubble Gum Inks. For my teal colors, I used Altenew Mountain Mist, Volcano Lake, and Lagoon Inks. I also used Altenew Warm Sunshine for my yellow cake and Mocha for my chocolate cupcake.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scrumptious Cupcakes Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado

For my card base, I used a piece of pink patterned paper from the Classic Sunburst Paper Pad and layered it with some teal and white card stock pieces. I stamped my sentiment from the Daffodil Dreams Stamp Set and then added my cupcakes with some 3D foam adhesive squares for a pop of dimension. Lastly, I added two strands of paper streamers using the new Crepe Paper Streamers Dies.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my cards today! If you want more inspiration, feel free to check out my INSTAGRAM FEED.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Daffodil Dreams Stamps
Daffodil Dreams Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Purrfect Birthday Stamps
Purrfect Birthday Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Purrfect Birthday Dies
Purrfect Birthday Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classic Sunburst Paper
Classic Sunburst Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Stamps
Birthday Cat Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Dies
Birthday Cat Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scrumptious Cupcakes Stamps
Scrumptious Cupcakes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scrumptious Cupcakes Dies
Scrumptious Cupcakes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Crepe Paper Streamers Dies
Crepe Paper Streamers Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Both of these are fantastic! The bright and fun cupcake card would be a great one to make in batches for your stash of birthday cards. The kitty card though…wow!!! It is gorgeous! I definitely want to try my hand at making that one! Awesome work on both designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed your blog post featuring the guest designer spotlight and the beautiful cards created with Sunny Studio Stamps. Your designs are truly inspiring and demonstrate the artistry behind crafting.
    https://www.promocodehq.com/blog/winco-free-turkey/

    ReplyDelete