Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Hawaiian Hibiscus Card with Catherine

Hello Crafty Friends! It’s Catherine here! Today, I am sharing an Aloha card perfect for the summer season created with Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps and Radiant Plumeria Stamps!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Summer Themed Shaker Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Stitched Oval Dies, Scalloped Oval Mat Dies, Summer Greenery, Tiki Time)

For the back panel, I die cut A2 white cardstock with the largest rectangle from Stitched Rectangle Dies. Next, I die cut the Frilly Frames Stripes Dies out of white cardstock. I adhered the stripes die onto the stitched back panel.

I die cut the hibiscus and leaves using Hawaiian Hibiscus Dies and Radiant Plumera Dies. I placed the negative back into my Misti and began stamping the Hibiscus and leaves with the following inks:

Pinks: Altenew Rose Quartz, Frosty Pink, Pink Diamond, Coral Berry
Yellows: Citrus Burst, Lemon Ice
Greens: Just Green, Green Fields, Sweet Leaf

I added some palm leaves using Summer Greenery Dies ink blended with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide. I stamped the Macaw bird from Tiki Time Stamps, die cut with Tiki Time Dies, and colored with Copic Markers listed in my blog link below. For the back of the  shaker, I die cut an oval, 3 7/8” x 2 ¾” from Stitched Oval 2 Dies, added some Party Confetti and Crystal Clear Jewels and put it aside.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Summer Themed Shaker Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Stitched Oval Dies, Scalloped Oval Mat Dies, Summer Greenery, Tiki Time)

To make the frame,  I die cut a scalloped oval 3 3/16” x 4 5/16” from Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies. I nested the 3 7/8” x 2 ¾” die inside the scalloped oval and ran it through my die cut machine. Using the same die, I die cut one more oval out of acetate. I adhered the frame on top of the acetate oval. I added foam tape around the edges and adhered it onto the back of the shaker.

I adhered the shaker onto the back panel followed by the flowers, leaves, and the parrot. I finished off the card by adding “ALOHA” die cut from Chloe Alphabet Dies ink blended with Spun Sugar Distress Oxide.

Thank you so much for joining me today!  For a list of Copic Markers used, please visit me at Crafti-Cat. Have a wonderful week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Tiki Time Stamps
Tiki Time Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Dies
Tiki Time Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus  Dies
Hawaiian Hibiscus Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Dies
Radiant Plumeria Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies
Scalloped Oval Mat 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval 2 Dies
Stitched Oval 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Greenery Die
Summer Greenery Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! You should be on all the design teams. Holy smokes!! Love your work, Cat!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete