Thursday, June 15, 2023

Special Day Card with Marine

Hey crafty friends, Marine here, I'm thrilled to be back on the blog today with this adorable wedding shaker card showcasing one of the gorgeous cakes from Special Day, as well as some cute wedded bunnies and guests from Bunnyville.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Special Day Wedding Shaker Card by Marine Simon (featuring Bunnyville, Stitched Arch Dies)

As very often I started off by stamping my images on Transotype perfect coloring paper using an alcohol marker friendly black ink. I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and Graph'it Brush markers. And in addition to the images from Special Day and Bunnyville, I picked the banner from Balloon Rides, the bow from Passionate Penguins and the grass from Garden Critters.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Special Day Wedding Shaker Card by Marine Simon (featuring Bunnyville, Stitched Arch Dies)

Once the images were colored, I moved on to the background, and cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel that I colored using stencils and oxide inks. On the upper part I created the sky using a cloudy stencil along with salvaged patina + peacock feathers oxide inks. And on the lower part I created grass borders using grass stencils along with shabby shutters + mowed lawn oxide inks.

Next I cut a Stitched Arch window out of my panel, folded an A2 size white card base, and attached the middle part of my panel on that card base using the rest of the panel as a guide. At the back of the rest of my panel I stuck a piece of acetate to create the window, and then added foam tape all around the arch to create dimension and room for my shaker accessories. I rubbed my powder tool all along the foam strips to make them non sticky, poured some polymer clay heart confetti and iridescent confetti on the card base, and finally attached my window panel on the card base to close the shaker.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Special Day Wedding Shaker Card by Marine Simon (featuring Bunnyville, Stitched Arch Dies)

Before sticking the images on the card, I created the greeting. I cut a dark kraft banner as wide as the arch window, white heat embossed my "Wishing you a big slice of happiness" sentiment from Special Day on top of it, and attached this banner below the arch window to create some sort of a globe. Next I attached all my cute images, and finished the card by adding highlights and details using a white gel pen.

And that's it! Love how it turned out, this wedding cake is really gorgeous and those happy bunnies are super cute! Thank you so much for stopping by, and see you next week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Stamps
Bunnyville Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Dies
Bunnyville Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Dies
Passionate Penguins Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Stamps
Garden Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Dies
Garden Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Special Day Stamps
Special Day Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Special Day Dies
Special Day Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment