Saturday, July 30, 2022

Guest Designer Spotlight: Summer Themed Cards with Rachel Alvarado

Hello friends! It's Rachel here from rachelalvaradodesigns.com and @theunpamperedstamper. I am so happy to be guest designing for Sunny Studio Stamps today! I have three summer-themed cards to share with you.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fintastic Friends, Ocean View, and Kiddie Pool Summer Themed Cards by Rachel Alvarado

The first one is a bright, single layer card that I made by combining the Fintastic Friends, Ocean View, and Kiddie Pool Stamp Sets. To create my one-layered look, I used some Gina K Designs Masking Magic Sheets to mask my images (after stamping them) before ink blending my background. I also used masking while stamping to create the illusion of some of the objects appearing behind one another. Once all of my images were masked, I used a stencil along with some Pink Fresh Studios Sky Blue, Summer Shower, Seaside, and Storm Inks to create my ocean water background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fintastic Friends, Ocean View, and Kiddie Pool Summer Themed Cards by Rachel Alvarado

I used Copic Markers to color all of my images and added some white accents with a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen. Lastly, I stamped my sentiment from the Fintastic Friends Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fintastic Friends, Ocean View, and Kiddie Pool Summer Themed Cards by Rachel Alvarado

For my second project, I created a small and simple pool-themed card. This type of card would be perfect for that swimmer in your life or even to be used as really cute pool party invitations. To do this, I simply stamped my images, (I used Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and stamped them onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock), colored them with Copic Markers, and used the coordinating dies to cut them out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fintastic Friends, Ocean View, and Kiddie Pool Summer Themed Cards by Rachel Alvarado

Once I finished with the images, I assembled the kids in the pool and then folded a small piece of white card stock so that I could die cut it with the pool die. I made sure to leave the crease of my folded card stock outside of the die so that I could use this piece as my folding card base. Next, I attached my stamped pool directly on top of this folding piece. Lastly, I stamped a sentiment onto the inside center of my card. Super fun and easy to make!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fintastic Friends, Ocean View, and Kiddie Pool Summer Themed Cards by Rachel Alvarado

For my third and final project, I created a slimline pop-up box card from scratch. When propped up, this card measures at 6.5" long x 2" wide x 3.75" tall. I stamped images from both the Kiddie Pool and Ocean View Stamp Sets to create my scene. Once again, all of my images were colored with Copic Markers and cut out using both the Kiddie Pool and Ocean View Die Sets. I used the Slimline Nature Borders Die Set to die cut my sand dunes from white card stock. I added color to these dunes by blending them with some Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide Inks. I also added some sandy texture to these pieces by adding dots of color with Copic Markers.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fintastic Friends, Ocean View, and Kiddie Pool Summer Themed Cards by Rachel Alvarado

The fun part about this card is that it fits perfectly into a business or #10 sized envelope. This makes it convenient for both mailing or hand delivering.

Here's a mini tutorial if you would like to make a low profile card like this one too:

Sunny Studio Stamps Summer Ocean Beach Themed Mini Slimline Low Profile Pop-up Box Card with Step-by-Step Tutorial

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have enjoyed these 3 projects!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fintastic Friends Stamps
Fintastic Friends Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fintastic Friends Dies
Fintastic Friends Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ocean View Stamps
Ocean View Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ocean View Dies
Ocean View Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Kiddie Pool Stamps
Kiddie Pool Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Kiddie Pool Dies
Kiddie Pool Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments:

  1. HI, RA and SS - Rachel, you have outdone yourself! These are phenomenal!! That slimline box card is AMAZING!! Love all three of the cards!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know how you made the slimline pop up card please. Thank so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I have edited this post to include a graphic I created for you with step-by-step instructions and a little visual picture to help you. Hope this makes it easier to figure out.

      Delete