Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Baby Elephants Card by Alma and Gladys

Hi, this is Alma and today I want to show you a Baby Popup Card with the cute Baby Elephants Stamps. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephants Card by Alma Störk (featuring Slimline Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies)

First I coloured the elephants in the Copic grey tones T6 T5 T4 T3 T2 T1 and T0 and then punched them out with the Baby Elephant Dies. Afterwards I cut out a square folding card. Next I die-cut a cloud stencil using the Slimline Nature Border Dies and smudged the clouds with Distress Oxide Inks Shaded Lilac.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephants Card by Alma Störk (featuring Slimline Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies)

Then it was time to make the baby bed: I used the tag from the Sliding Windows Dies Set for the edges of the bed. I punched out the base with the curved frame stencil from the same set. After that, I cut several bars from narrow strips of paper and glued everything together. I decorated the edges of the bed with the crown from the Baby Elephants Stamps set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephants Card by Alma Störk (featuring Slimline Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies)

Then I punched clouds from the Tropical Trees Backdrop Dies Set and glued them to the background. The "sky" of the card is die-cut with the Cloud Die from the Slimline Nature Border Dies. To let the elephant hovering on the moon above the bed, I attached it with a piece of pinwheel foil.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephants Card by Alma Störk (featuring Slimline Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies)

After gluing everything together, I designed the outside of the card. Next to the cloud background I glued a banderole that can be slipped over the card so that the card doesn't open. For this I used the Scalloped Circle Mat 1 Dies and the border from the Slimline Pennant Dies Set. For the text box on the back side I used the pennant from the Slimline Pennant Dies Set.

--------------------------------------------------

Hello friends! Gladys here with a sweet and happy slimline card using the Baby Elephant stamps and dies. This stamp set is full of adorable elephant images and baby sentiments but it is also perfect for many occasions! Just check out all the design team inspirations, they will blow you away!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephants Card by Gladys Marcelino

To start I use a scallop slimline die to cut from Bristol smooth cardstock. I masked off the edges to keep a nice border. I ink blended the background using distress oxide inks in the colors: prized ribbon, salvaged patina, wilted violet, kitsch flamingo, and abandoned coral. For interest I added some water droplets and diluted prized ribbon with a small paint brush.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephants Card by Gladys Marcelino

I stamped and colored three elephants and three umbrellas using copic markers. I cut them out using their coordinating dies. I used a cloud border die to cut from white cardstock to ground one of the elephant. I also used the cloud dies from the set to fill in the scene. To adhere the images I used double sided foam tape because I love dimensions on my cards. For the sentiment, I white heat embossed the sentiment from Balloon Rides stamp set onto black cardstock. I completed the card using stardust stickles on the clouds and glossy accents for the umbrellas. That is all for me today.

Thanks for joining me and have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sliding Window Dies
Sliding Window Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Circle Mat 1 Dies
Scalloped Circle Mat 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Pennant Dies
Slimline Pennant Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Baby Elephants Stamps
Baby Elephants Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Baby Elephants Dies
Baby Elephants Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Trees Backdrop
Tropical Trees Backdrop
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment