Friday, July 29, 2022

Country Carnival Cards with Audrey and Vanessa

Hello friends! Audrey here with a Country Carnival card to share with you! This card is a bit different for me as I normally love bright colors and lots of white space on my cards, but I decided to make a night scene card with this stamp set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Card by Audrey Tokach (featuring Basic Mini Shape Dies)

I started off with a piece of dark blue cardstock cut to 4" x 5.25". I used a cloud stencil from my stash and some Black Soot Distress Oxide to add some night clouds to the top 2/3 of the panel. I masked off the bottom and inked along the mask to create the ground. Then, I splattered on some gold metallic watercolor and watered down white acrylic paint to add stars to the sky. I stamped and colored the ferris wheel, some of the little bears and the ticket booth from the Country Carnival stamp set, and die cut them with the coordinating Country Carnival dies. The white background of the stamped images was too much contrast for me, so I used a dark blue Copic marker to trace around the edges of the images. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Card by Audrey Tokach (featuring Basic Mini Shape Dies)

I arranged my scene, and adhered it to the panel. I didn't want sentiment to stand out too much, so I used white pigment ink on the dark cardstock for a more muted sentiment. Then, I used the Basic Mini Shapes Dies II to add some white stars to the sky. Finally, I mounted the panel to a dark blue card base.

---------------------------------------------

Hello to you! Vanessa here with a baby card using the sweet Country Carnival set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Card by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Chloe Alphabet Dies, Scalloped Tag Square Dies)

I started with a white card base and inked the background with Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide ink. After I had added ink droplets, I die-cut the scalloped tag from white cardstock and stamped the carousel. Now I stamped the image again onto a scrap of cardstock, colored both images with Copics, fussy-cut parts of the second image and adhered these to the tag with foam tape for more dimension. 

Today I used these sets:
Country Carnival stamps dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Scalloped Tag Square Dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Card by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Chloe Alphabet Dies, Scalloped Tag Square Dies)

I tied-on ribbon and twine and adhered the tag to the card. Now I die-cut the letters, colored them with Copics, added details with a white gel pen and spelled BABY. Finally, I added heart sequins to finish the card off.

Have a lovely weekend, everybody!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Basic Shape Dies 2
Mini Basic Shape Dies 2
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Tags-Square
Scalloped Tags-Square
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Carnival Stamps
Country Carnival Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Carnival Dies
Country Carnival Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Audrey and Vanessa - These are just awesome, ladies! I love both!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete