Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Designer's Choice Cards with Gladys and Alma

Hello friends! Gladys here and I'm back to share a beach theme card using the Tropical Trees Backdrop die. When I saw this die I knew I had to create a beach scene that reminds me of the many beautiful beaches and gorgeous sunsets in Hawaii.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Trees Backdrop Card by Gladys Marcelino

As you know I love creating scenes with cute critters but I also enjoy creating cards using mostly dies. This Tropical Trees Backdrop die is awesome because it has all the elements you need to create amazing scenes with. To start I used the die to cut from Bristol smooth cardstock. I masked the largest negative to create a horizon. For the ocean I used peacock feathers and prized ribbon distress oxide inks. I used a small paint brush with white paint for the shoreline. For the sky, from the center out I used mustard seed, riped persimmon, picked raspberry and villainous potion on the outer edges. For the sand I used vintage photo and antique linen.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Trees Backdrop Card by Gladys Marcelino

Next I die cut the palm trees and stitched frame from black cardstock. I die cut the two largest palm trees twice to give them dimension. I also used the seagull to cut from white cardstock. I colored the outer wings with copic markers. Next I adhered the frame onto a white card base and inlaid all the pieces. This is my favorite part because everything fits like a puzzle and then voila the scene comes together! Finally I stamped Aloha from the Tiki Time stamp set.

Thanks so much for joining me. Have a wonderful day!

------------------------------------------------

Hi, this is Alma and today I´d like to show you a double slider card. It´s an interactive design and it´s not difficult to create such a special card - You can find the tutorial on Youtube.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Critter Campout Card by Alma Störk (featuring Winter Scenes, Spring Scenes)


I used the amazing Critter Campout Stamps. I coloured all the cute critters with copics and cut them out. For my landscape I used the tree from the Seasonal Trees Stamps, the forest from the Winter Scene Stamps and the snowy mountains from the Spring Scenes Stamps. Then I cut them off, too. 


Sunny Studio Stamps: Critter Campout Card by Alma Störk (featuring Winter Scenes, Spring Scenes)


For the landscape in the background, I used the Forest Tree Stencil to wipe the background with the Distress Oxide Ink Black Soot. The Sky is coloured with the Distress Oxides Inks Chipped Saphire and Blueprint Sketch. Finally, I assembled all the individual parts! 

 

I wish you a happy summer with a lot of outdoor adventures!


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Tiki Time Stamps
Tiki Time Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Dies
Tiki Time Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critter Campout Stamps
Critter Campout Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critter Campout Dies
Critter Campout Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Scenes Stamps
Spring Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Scenes Dies
Spring Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Stamps
Winter Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Dies
Winter Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Forest Trees Stencils
Forest Trees Stencils
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Trees Backdrop
Tropical Trees Backdrop
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment