Monday, July 25, 2022

Watering Can Die Focused Cards with Bobbi and Catherine

Hello friends. It’s Bobbi here with a floral card using the new Watering Can and coordinating dies and Lovely Lilacs stamps and dies. Both sets are easy to achieve desired results with their layered stamps. I am also using the Woodgrain Embossing folder and the Icing Border dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Floral Themed Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Lovely Lilacs, Embossing Folders, Icing Border Dies)

To make this 5″ X 7″ card, I stamped (using all the image layers) and die cut the water can and lilacs. I used Distress Oxide Inks for the stamping. Once they were dry, I added a little more “vintage” using my Copics. Here’s the list of colors I used:

Watering Can: Speckled Egg and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Inks. I also used Copics in YR27, YR24, E57, E44 and #43 for the rusty spots.
Lilacs: Tattered Rose, Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, Saltwater Taffy, Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain, Bundled Sage and Mowed Lawn. I also used Copics in R22 and YG67.
Butterfly: Copics in R24, R22, R20 and Y21.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Floral Themed Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Lovely Lilacs, Embossing Folders, Icing Border Dies)

I hand drew the strip of woodgrain to create a ledge for the watering can to “rest” on. I colored it in E59, E57, E55, E43, E53 and W4. I assembled the watering can with the lilacs, adding a few foam tabs behind the front two lilacs to make them stand out a bit more from the background florals.

For the card front panel background, I used the 
Woodgrain Embossing folder on the top and three strips of the Icing Border dies at the bottom, allowing room for the woodgrain strip in between. I attached the watering can and added shadowing around the base using W6, We and W1 Copics.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Floral Themed Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Lovely Lilacs, Embossing Folders, Icing Border Dies)

Lastly, I added a small notecard to the floral bouquet. I cut a notecard to measure 1-1/2″ wide X 7/8″ tall when folded. I added more icing border die cuts to the front and then the butterfly from the Watering Can set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Floral Themed Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Lovely Lilacs, Embossing Folders, Icing Border Dies)

Inside the notecard, I stamped the “Thinking of you” phrase from the Watering Can set. I stamped it twice masking the words to create a 2-line phrase to fit inside.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.

---------------------------------------

Hello Friends! Catherine here, sharing a watering can themed card with a beautiful bouquet of flowers!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Floral Themed Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Timeless Tulips, Cheerful Daisies, Lovely Lilacs, Frilly Frame Dies)

To start, I die cut a piece of white card stock 4.25” x 5.5.” I ink blended the cardstock with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I then die cut the frame with Frilly Frames Quatrefoil Dies. I adhered the frame onto the background with foam tape.

Next, I stamped the watering can and butterflies from Watering Can Stamps and die cut with Watering Can Dies. I splattered some blue watercolor ink onto the watering can for texture.

Inks:
Pinks:  Altenew Blush, Hero Arts Cotton Candy, Hero Arts Bubble Gum
Yellows: Pinkfresh Lemon Whip, Sweet Mustard, Marigold
Oranges: Pinkfresh Peach Fuzz, Apricot, Clementine
Greens: Hero Arts Key Lime Fizz, Green Apple, Moss

Sunny Studio Stamps: Watering Can Floral Themed Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Timeless Tulips, Cheerful Daisies, Lovely Lilacs, Frilly Frame Dies)

To make the bouquet, I used the Timeless Tulips Stamps, Cheerful Daisies Stamps, and Spring Greenery DiesI finished off the card with a tag from Stitched Arch Dies and a sentiment from Lovely Lilacs Stamps.

For more details and inspiration, please drop by my blog Craft-Cat! Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Timeless Tulips Dies
Timeless Tulips Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Timeless Tulips Stamps
Timeless Tulips Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Icing Border DIes
Icing Border DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodgrain Embossing
Woodgrain Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cheerful Daisies Stamps
Cheerful Daisies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cheerful Daisies Dies
Cheerful Daisies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Greenery Dies
Spring Greenery Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovely Lilacs Stamps
Lovely Lilacs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovely Lilacs Dies
Lovely Lilacs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Watering Can Stamps
Watering Can Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Watering Can Dies
Watering Can Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment