Saturday, July 2, 2022

Guest Designer Spotlight: Kiddie Pool Cards with Anja Bytyqi

Hello everyone, Anja here with you today. I’m happy to be back again as a guest designer on the Sunny Studio blog. This time I'm sharing two cards made with the Kiddie Pool Stamps. I love how well these stamps work with other products!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Kiddie Pool Summer Themed Card by Anja Bytyqi

For my first card, I created a colorful scene using the inflatable swimming pool along with two of the kids who are having some splashy summer fun in the garden.

First, I started off with ink blending the faded sky background onto a white A2 panel. I used Tumbled Glass and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Ink. To create a bit of texture, I splattered on Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink as well as white gouache paint. When everything was completely dry, I stamped the big scripty word 'Summer' from the Radiant Plumeria stamp set in VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with bright pink embossing powder. The sub sentiment was stamped underneath in VersaFine Onyx Black Ink.

I trimmed down a green dotted paper from the Heroic Halftones 6x6 Paper Pack. At the top, I used the grassy border from the Picket Fence Border Die set. I adhered the grass panel flat to the background.

Next, I picked a couple of summer accessories from the Beach Buddies (sun hat, beach bag, rolled towels and suncream) and the Beach Babies (beach ball) set. I stamped all the images in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers. I cut them out with the coordinating dies and adhered everything with liquid glue and foam tape. To finish off the card, I added some water droplet images next to the girl which has been tucked into the water.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Kiddie Pool Summer Themed Card by Anja Bytyqi (featuring Swimming Pool Dies)

On my second card, I used the Swimming Pool Die in addition to the stamps to create another summer scene.

I created an A2 landscape card base from Naturals White cardstock which has lots of small brown speckles. I die cut the swimming pool from white and grey cardstock (railing). I did the outer piece twice, colored the top one with Copics and then stacked the die cuts together. The water was inked with Tumbled Glass and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Ink. I let it dry and inlaid it back into the tiled piece.

Once again, I used some accessory images from the sets mentioned above to complete my pool scene. I stamped them in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and did some Copic coloring. Everything was cut out with the matching dies and adhered with liquid glue or foam tape.

The sentiment is from the Sealiously Sweet set and I stamped it in VersaMark Ink onto a black cardstock strip. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder and adhered the strip at the top of the card.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Wishing you a fun summer time!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Beach Buddies Stamps
Beach Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Buddies Dies
Beach Buddies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Picket Fence Border Dies
Picket Fence Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Stamps
Beach Babies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Dies
Beach Babies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Heroic Halftones 6x6 Paper
Heroic Halftones 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Kiddie Pool Stamps
Kiddie Pool Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Kiddie Pool Dies
Kiddie Pool Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Swimming Pool Die
Swimming Pool Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment