Monday, July 18, 2022

Designer's Choice Cards with Catherine and Bobbi

Hello Friends! Catherine here, sharing a card featuring cute sloths “hanging out” in a kiddie pool for designer’s choice.

To start, I ink blended white card stock sized 4.4” x 5.5 “with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I set the background aside and stamped the sloths  and hibiscus flowers from Silly Sloths Stamps and die cut with the coordinating dies, Silly Sloths Dies.  I stamped the pool from Kiddie Pool Stamps and die cut the pool with Kiddie Pool Dies.

Next, I stamped the jungle border from Tropical Scenes, hat from Sealiously Sweet, coconut drinks from Tiki Time, and scuba goggles from Beach Buddies. I coloured everything with Copic Markers.

I adhered the jungle border onto the background and then adhered the sloths, pool, and hibiscus flowers with foam tape for added dimension.

Sunny Studio Sloths in Swimming Pool Summer Card by Catherine Cohen (using Silly Sloths, Tropical Scenes & Kiddie Pool Stamps)

I added a frame using the scalloped border in
Frilly Frames Hexagon Die. I trimmed a piece of paper from Subtle Grey Tones 6x6 Paper to 4.4” x 5.5”. I placed the scalloped border in the center of the paper and then I die cut the frame out leaving the border with an inverted scalloped edge. I added foam tape on along the back of the frame and adhered it onto the background.

Sunny Studio Sloths in Swimming Pool Summer Card by Catherine Cohen (using Silly Sloths, Tropical Scenes & Kiddie Pool Stamps)

I finished off the card with a white heat embossed sentiment from Silly Sloth Stamps.

For more details and inspiration, please drop by my blog Craft-Cat! Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------

Sunny Studi Stamps Cruisin' Cuisine Ice Cream Truck Summer Pop-up Card with Bobbi Lemanski

Hello friends. It’s Bobbi Lemanski sharing a card using a really cute stamp set from Sunny Studio Stamps 
called, Cruisin’ Cuisine stamp set and coordinating dies. My card features a pop-up truck on the card front for a little fun. It puts the truck in an upright position, on a concrete patio, ready to sell some sweet cream treats!

Sunny Studi Stamps Cruisin' Cuisine Ice Cream Truck Summer Pop-up Card with Bobbi Lemanski

To make this 5″ X 7″ card, I used Neenah 80lb cardstock for the card base, front panel, truck, cone 
and back support. I stamped the truck and cone using black ink and die cut the designs. I cut another set of the two cuts out of white cardstock to finish the back side with clean white cardstock. (The back side shows when the truck is upright.) This extra backing also helps to make the truck more sturdy, too. The ice cream cone was glued to the top of the truck.

Sunny Studi Stamps Cruisin' Cuisine Ice Cream Truck Summer Pop-up Card with Bobbi Lemanski

I colored the images using the following Copic Marker colors:

Truck: YR69, FR01, RV55, RV02, E57, E55, E53, 100, C08, C05, C01, BV000, B00, W4
Ice Cream Cone: 
E57, E55, E53, YR31, YR30, RV55, YR68, E47, W4

To make the concrete patio, I completed steps 1 and 2 (above) then cut an oval shape from the hand-drawn block patio to place under the truck. This design is clean and simple and grounds the truck on the card. I kept it simple, in black and white, only. I like the contrast with the very colorful truck and cone.

How to create One Point perspective with vanishing point tutorial for Summer Pop-up Card with Bobbi Lemanski

I cut the top off the oval and attached it to the card front. I created a 1.5″ wide support strip and scored it down the middle and attached 1/2 of the support to the back of the truck and the other 1/2 to the concrete oval. The truck naturally wants to spring up on the hinge, but it still folds flat down to tuck inside an envelope for mailing.

Sunny Studi Stamps Cruisin' Cuisine Ice Cream Truck Summer Pop-up Card with Bobbi Lemanski

On the bottom of the card front, I sponged on Distress Oxide Ink in Kitch Flamingo and Carved Pumpkin. I splattered water over the ink and blotted it dry with a paper towel. I stamped the cone images over the top in Kitch Flamingo and Carved Pumpkin once it was dry.  Next, I added dots using Copics in YR68, RV55 and a white gel pen. I stamped the phrase on the front in black. An Icing Border die design, cut from white cardstock, was added to the bottom. I attached the card front to the card base to complete the card.

Sunny Studi Stamps Cruisin' Cuisine Ice Cream Truck Summer Pop-up Card with Bobbi Lemanski


Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Beach Buddies Stamps
Beach Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Buddies Dies
Beach Buddies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Stamps
Tiki Time Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Dies
Tiki Time Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

Silly Sloths Dies
Silly Sloths Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruisin' Cuisine Stamps
Cruisin' Cuisine Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruisin' Cuisine Dies
Cruisin' Cuisine Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

Silly Sloths Stamps
Silly Sloths Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Kiddie Pool Stamps
Kiddie Pool Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Kiddie Pool Dies
Kiddie Pool Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment