Friday, March 12, 2021

My Otter Half Cards with Kay and Candice

Hi there! Kay here and I have a super fun card to share with you today using the adorable new My Otter Half stamp setMy Otter Half coordinating dies and Country Scenes stamp set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: My Otter Half Country Scenes Otter Themed Card by Kay Miller

For this card, I first stamped the pond and cattails scene about midway on my white card base, then I stamped the tree line and hills just above that. I colored the entire card with Copic markers, and blended the sky with just a bit of Broken China Distress ink. After all of the coloring was finished, I speckled a little blue ink on the water and some darker green ink onto the hills above.


Sunny Studio Stamps: My Otter Half Country Scenes Otter Themed Card by Kay Miller

I colored the adorable little otters and the extra cattails with Copic markers, cut them out with the My Otter Half dies, and added them to the card with foam tape. The sentiment is included in the My Otter Half stamp set, and I stamped it on black cardstock and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I cut this out and added it to my card with foam tape.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today! Thanks so much for stopping by!

---------------------------------------------

Hi! It's Candice back with you this fabulous Friday! I adore these cute otters and agree that we sure do need each otter at this time!

Sunny Studio Stamps: My Otter Half Country Scenes Slimline Dies Stitched Circle Dies Otter Themed Card by Candice Fisher

I used these Sunny Studio products for my slimline design:

I began my slimline with an 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 card base. For the background, I first die cut a stitched panel from white cardstock and glued to the center of my card front. This allows the scenes and circles to be grounded to the card. I then die cut the larger circles from blue striped paper and adhered to each side of the card front.

Next, I created the water, by die cutting a stencil from the slimline scalloped border die and used the negative to add waves to the smaller stitched circles with Salty Ocean. I then inked over the whole circle pieces with Tumbled Glass to get a more muted look and then splattered them with Salty Ocean and white paint using a damp paint brush.

Sunny Studio Stamps: My Otter Half Country Scenes Slimline Dies Stitched Circle Dies Otter Themed Card by Candice Fisher

While that dried, I stamped the images from the stamp sets listed above, colored them with copic markers and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I then heat embossed the sentiment in white on a banner I inked with Riped Persimmon and die cut a layered "otter" with the top inked with Dried Marigold. I put it all together with either glue or foam tape to give lots of depth to the scenes! I finished with some clear Nuvo drops to mimic water drops!

Thank you so much for visiting with us today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Basic Borders
Slimline Basic Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Scenes Stamps
Country Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Scenes Dies
Country Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
My Otter Half Stamps
My Otter Half Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
My Otter Half Dies
My Otter Half Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: