Saturday, March 13, 2021

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Michelle Short

Hello there, Michelle Short here and I am delighted to be back guesting with Sunny Studio Stamps. Today I have projects to share with you using the Balloon Rides and Lovable Llama sets.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Balloon Rides Slimline Pennant Dies Build A Tag Dies Card and Tag by Michelle Short

My first card uses the adorable Balloon Rides stamp set and coordinating dies, along with the Slimline Pennants dies. I started off by die cutting a panel of white cardstock using the largest of the Slimline Pennants dies. I blended Mermaid Lagoon and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Inks on top to create the sky. The clouds, hot air balloon and bunny from the Balloon Rides stamp set were stamped on to white cardstock with black ink and coloured using Copic Markers. They were cut out using the coordinating dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Balloon Rides Slimline Pennant Dies Build A Tag Dies Card and Tag by Michelle Short

The background piece was adhered to an A2 white card base with foam tape and the clouds added on top with tape runner. The hot air balloon was added on top with foam tape and then I popped the bunny on top. Doesn’t he look cute flying in the air? I took the sentiment from the set and stamped it on to black cardstock with Versamark Ink. I applied white embossing powder, heat set and cut it in to a strip. This was added to the card with thin foam tape. To finish off, I added a few clear droplets.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Balloon Rides Slimline Pennant Dies Build A Tag Dies Card and Tag by Michelle Short

When I was making the card, I had stamped and coloured the sun from the set, plus additional clouds but I didn’t used them. I couldn’t let them go to waste, so I made a little tag with them. I die cut the Build A Tag 1 dies from white cardstock and blended on the same Distress Oxide Inks. The images were adhered on top with tape runner. I stamped the little bear from the set, along with the mortar board and popped them behind the stamped and embossed sentiment. I thought he looked cute peeking up from behind the sentiment!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Pennant Dies Build A Tag Dies Lovable Llama Card and Tag by Michelle Short

My second card uses the Loveable Llama set. This little guy is so cute! I stamped him, his hat and presents on to white cardstock with black ink. They were coloured using Copic Markers and die cut out with the coordinating dies. I then set them aside while I worked on my background. I took the next largest size of the Slimline Pennants dies and die cut a panel of white cardstock. Using blending brushes, I blended on Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide Inks.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Pennant Dies Build A Tag Dies Lovable Llama Card and Tag by Michelle Short

I took the panel and ran it through my die cutting machine with the Sunburst Embossing folder. The panel was adhered flat to an A2 white card base. I took the sentiment from the Magical Mermaids stamp set and stamped and embossed it on to black cardstock. It was cut out and added to the card with foam tape. The llama was popped behind with thin foam tape, followed by the presents with tape runner. The card felt a little off, so I stamped, coloured and die cut another present, this time cutting off the top present only. When it is popped behind the sentiment strip, you cannot see that it was cut apart from the others.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Pennant Dies Build A Tag Dies Lovable Llama Card and Tag by Michelle Short

I fell in love with this llama, he is indeed lovable! So I had to make a little tag with him too! I die cut the Build A Tag 1 die from white cardstock, blended the same Distress Oxides Inks on top and ran it through my die cutting machine with the Sunburst Embossing folder. I stamped another Loveable Llama, coloured him with Copics and die cut him out. I also die cut the bunting image from the Balloon Rides set, coloured it with Copics and die cut it out as well. The bunting was adhered to the top of the tag with tape runner and the llama added on top with foam tape. I left off a sentiment as I thought it could be added to a gift.

That’s it from me. A huge thank you to Mendi and her team for having me back to guest with them. It is always a pleasure! Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Magical Mermaid Stamps
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Build-A-Tag #1 Dies
Build-A-Tag #1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunburst Embossing
Sunburst Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovable Llama Stamps
Lovable Llama Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovable Llama Dies
Lovable Llama Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Pennant Dies
Slimline Pennant Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment