Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Captivating Camellias Cards with Isha and Kavya

Hello everyone, Isha here today with a floral card featuring our Captivating Camellias stamps and dies. This is such a pretty layering stamp to achieve beautiful floral.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Captivating Camellias Snowflake Circle Frame Dies Inside Greetings Birthday Card by Isha Gupt

I started by stamping the flower from the Captivating Camellias stamp set using Altenew Rose Petal ink set. Stamp the leaves using Altenew Green Fields ink set. Die-cut using the coordinating dies.

Die-cut the circle frame from the Snowflake Circle Frame die. Apply versamark ink to it. Sprinkle WOW! Metallic Gold Rich embossing powder. Heat set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Captivating Camellias Snowflake Circle Frame Dies Inside Greetings Birthday Card by Isha Gupt

Take a white mat layer, flick some gold ink to it. Adhere the circle frame to the panel. Make the floral cluster and adhere using liquid glue and 3d foam for various depths. 

Stamp the sentiment using Inside Greetings - Birthday. To finish, adhere Purple Sapphire Jewels and Lavender Quartz jewels.

Thank you for dropping by! Have a nice day.

---------------------------------------------------

Hi folks, Kavya here. I am back on the blog with another fun way to stretch your supplies and get the most of your stamps! Today’s spotlight is on the new Captivating Camellias stamp set. I love coloring my own images but sometimes having layered stamps makes it easier to create quick and easy cards that look equally gorgeous! I was inspired by illustrations and clear stamps with floral elements peeking out of an envelope. When I looked at the camellias, I knew right away that they would be perfect for creating a similar card! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Captivating Camellias Frilly Frame Dies Inside Greetings Card by Kavya

I started off by taking two different shades of blue cardstock. I ink blended the edges with matching dye ink and added some paint splatters to make the background a bit more dramatic. For me, the background looks ‘flat’ and likes dimension if I don’t ink blend or add some subtle splatters. I then die cut the lighter blue cardstock using the inner portion of the Frilly Frames Quatrefoil dies.  

Later, I created an envelope using linen cardstock. The envelope was designed to fit a card of size 2”x1”. If you have an envelope maker, this is super easy to recreate! If not, just find a template online that shows you how to make one! I then lined the inner flap with Kraft cardstock for some contrast. I also ink blended the edges and added highlights using a white gel pen. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Captivating Camellias Frilly Frame Dies Inside Greetings Card by Kavya

Then, stamp the camellias using your preferred colors. I stamped mine using 4 different shades of pink. I then placed all the leaves and flowers inside the element. Feel free to use some foam for the flowers on the top for more dimension. Later, I heat embossed a sentiment from Inside Greetings Birthday on the smallest Slimline Pennant die. Finally, I added some bling using the new Iridescent Jewels… Aren’t these gorgeous?

That’s it for today! Happy Crafting! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Snowflake Circle Frame
Snowflake Circle Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Captivating Camellias Stamps
Captivating Camellias Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Captivating Camellias Dies
Captivating Camellias Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings Birthday
Inside Greetings Birthday
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Pennant Dies
Slimline Pennant Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment