Saturday, March 27, 2021

Eggs To Dye For & Layered Basket Cards with Leanne West

Hello Sunny Studio fans! Leanne here and I'm so happy to be back for a guest post today. After our long, cold mid-west winter, it was so refreshing to play with some fun spring stamps and pretty pastel colors. I have made a set of three spring cards to share. I always enjoy playing with Sunny Studio layered stamp sets. There's something so satisfying about about seeing the image come to life with each added layer. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Eggs To Dye For Layered Basket Frilly Frame Dies Spring Themed Easter Basket Cards by Leanne West

For my cards, I have used the Layered Basket and Eggs To Dye For sets to create my cute focal images. First I needed to decide on a background. I wanted something to add interest without taking away from the basket and eggs. I went with a die cut layered background that's super easy to create. I used the Frilly Frames Stripes die. I die cut the frame from white card stock and then backed it with pastel card stock in a color that would coordinate with the image colors. I then adhered the completed backgrounds to a white A2 sized card base.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Eggs To Dye For Layered Basket Frilly Frame Dies Spring Themed Easter Basket Cards by Leanne West

Next I stamped out all the images. Since these are all layered images, I made sure each stamped layer was dry before I added the next. I think this is the most important thing you can do to ensure clean and crisp images. I use my heat gun to speed dry each layer because I'm impatient. I used Altenew ink cube sets for the baskets and eggs: Shades of Purple, Golden Sunset, Red Sunset, & Sea Shore.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Eggs To Dye For Layered Basket Frilly Frame Dies Spring Themed Easter Basket Cards by Leanne West

After die cutting the images, I added them to the center of the background with adhesive foam squares. The little grass border tucked into the basket is a die from the Sunny Sentiment die set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Eggs To Dye For Layered Basket Frilly Frame Dies Spring Themed Easter Basket Cards by Leanne West

For the greeting, I die cut the word spring. This die is included with the Layered Basket die set. I stamped the word happy and simply trimmed it down into a small strip. When I added the egg basket, I made sure to leave enough room above it for the greeting. To complete the design, I added some extra embellishments. It just so happened that I had some grosgrain ribbon in colors that matched the baskets. I tied a little bow and added one to each basket with a glue dot. Lastly, I adhered some iridescent sequins for a little bit of sparkle.  

Thanks so much for joining me today. I'll be back in April with some fun project inspiration with Sunny Studio's summer release. Happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Eggs To Dye For Stamps
Eggs To Dye For Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Eggs To Dye For Dies
Eggs To Dye For Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Layered Basket Stamps
Layered Basket Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Layered Basket Dies
Layered Basket Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment