Thursday, June 27, 2024

Tropical Birds Card with Marine

Hello crafty friends, Marine here, I'm so happy to be back on the blog with this lovely tropical baby card showcasing Tropical Birds. As you may know, I'm a huge fan of tropical cards, it's always fun to color all the greenery, and I like to play with bright and bold colors to create my backgrounds. In case you missed them, here are a few examples of the tropical cards I've made using: • Big Panda Sliding Window Card • Juicy Watermelon Slimline Card • Tiki Bar Summer Scene • Savanna Safari Birthday Card • Panda Party Slimline Card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Birds Baby Themed Card by Marine Simon

I started off by stamping my images on 80lb Neenah solar white cardstock using an alcohol marker friendly black ink. I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and my Graph'it brush markers. Lots of green tones for all the leaves, and light orange tones for the birdies. Here is a -short- detailed list of the products I used: • Tropical Birds - cockatoos, leaves, flowers, ivy • Little Birdie - nest • Special Day - hearts • Chubby Bunny - baby bird

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Birds Baby Themed Card by Marine Simon

Next I cut a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and started off by coloring it using, from top to bottom, carved pumpkin + dried marigold + scattered straw oxide inks. I added a jungle pattern to my background using tropical leaf stencils from my stash along with, from top to bottom, ripe persimmon + carved pumpkin + fossilized amber oxide inks. To bring more interest to my panel, I splattered water all over it and dried it using a paper towel. I mixed some black soot oxide ink with water, and used a small brush to add more splatters to my panel, and then did the same with copic opaque white ink.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Birds Baby Themed Card by Marine Simon

Once my panel was dry, I attached all the images using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, and stamped my "Hello baby" greeting from Baby Elephant using black versafine ink. I also added highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen, and finished my card with some white blizzard nuvo drops on the hearts to make them sparkle.

And that's it! I really love how this new tropical card turned out with those beautiful orange shades, and I hope that you like it, too. Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Chubby Bunny Stamps
Chubby Bunny Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chubby Bunny Dies
Chubby Bunny Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Stamps
Little Birdie Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Dies
Little Birdie Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Baby Elephants Stamps
Baby Elephants Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Special Day Stamps
Special Day Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Special Day Dies
Special Day Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Birds Stamps
Tropical Birds Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Birds Dies
Tropical Birds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment