Sunday, June 16, 2024

Designer's Choice: Tropical Birds Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today and I’ve got a tropical summer card for you with the adorable cockatoos from the Tropical Birds Stamps!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Birds Summer Themed Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Tree Branch Dies, Radiant Plumeria, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Hawaiian Hibiscus, Limitless Labels Dies)

I began this A2 card by creating a patterned background panel to match my color scheme. I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using a Stitched Rectangle Die and then stamped/heat embossed the monstera leaf from the Tropical Birds Stamps all along the outside edges using Speckled Egg Distress embossing glaze. I then inked over the embossed leaves with Speckled Egg Distress ink and adhered the panel to the center of the card front.

Next, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using the largest Limitless Labels I Die and lightly inked the center of the die-cut with yellow ink focusing on the top and bottom areas. I stamped the “smiles” sentiment from the Radiant Plumeria Stamps in the bottom right with a peach ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then adhered the label die-cut centered on the background panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Birds Summer Themed Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Tree Branch Dies, Radiant Plumeria, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Hawaiian Hibiscus, Limitless Labels Dies)

For a tropical backdrop, I stamped two hibiscus flowers from the Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps and five monstera leaves from the Radiant Plumeria Stamps using peach, orange and blue-green inks from my stash. I die-cut them using the coordinating dies and adhered the smaller hibiscus at the top first followed by the five leaves. Before adhering the large hibiscus, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using the Tree Branch Die, inked it with Frayed Burlap Distress ink, adhered it over the leaves and then added the hibiscus.

To finish, I stamped the cockatoos, monstera leaves and hibiscus from the Tropical Birds Stamps on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. I heat embossed the “Summer” sentiment from the Radiant Plumeria Stamps with white embossing powder on white cardstock and inked over it with yellow and peach inks. I then fussy cut around the sentiment. For a shadow effect and to make the sentiment stand out a bit more, I inked white cardstock with Lost Shadow Distress ink, adhered the sentiment overlapping it and fussy cut along the bottom edge. I then adhered the sentiment using foam dimensional tape.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus  Dies
Hawaiian Hibiscus Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Dies
Radiant Plumeria Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tree Branch Die
Tree Branch Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Birds Stamps
Tropical Birds Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Birds Dies
Tropical Birds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Limitless Labels 1 Dies
Limitless Labels 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Cathy, this is gorgeous!! I absolutely love every single detail of this card! Your color palette is beautiful, as is your overall design, and I especially like the way you created the sentiment. Just perfect! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete