Sunday, June 23, 2024

Juicy Watermelon Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today sharing a clean and simple friendship card today featuring the Juicy Watermelon Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Juicy Watermelon Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Punny Fruit Greetings, Hayley Alphabet Dies)

This was so fun to make and works up quickly. I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock 5” x 6” and lightly inked across the center of the cardstock with Spun Sugar Distress ink. I cut a strip of Gingham Pastels Paper 1 1/4" x 6” and adhered it to the bottom of the cardstock. I then die-cut the cardstock using the frame portion of the Frilly Frames Quatrefoil Dies and adhered it to an A2 card front.

Next, I die-cut 5 watermelon slices using the Juicy Watermelon Dies and 2 leaves/small flowers using the Strawberry Patch Dies from white cardstock. I colored the watermelon slices and flowers with Copics and inked the leaves with Mowed Lawn/Rustic Wilderness Distress inks. For extra cuteness, I die-cut my center slice with the smiley face die from the Fresh Lemon Dies and added a stamped/Copic colored pair of shades using a stamp from the Beach Buddies Stamps. I just love how they fit the smiley face perfectly! I adhered the die-cuts across the card and then decided to die-cut 2 larger flowers using the “free with purchase” mini die currently available. I also colored these flowers with Copics.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Juicy Watermelon Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Punny Fruit Greetings, Hayley Alphabet Dies)

To finish, I heat embossed a sentiment from the Punny Fruit Greetings Stamps with white embossing powder on a strip of black cardstock and die-cut the “melon” sentiment from black cardstock using the Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Beach Buddies Stamps
Beach Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Buddies Dies
Beach Buddies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies
Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Punny Fruit Greetings
Punny Fruit Greetings
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Strawberry Patch Dies
Strawberry Patch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fresh Lemon Dies
Fresh Lemon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Juicy Watermelon Dies
Juicy Watermelon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: