Thursday, June 6, 2024

Wild Cherry Die Focused Card with Marine

Hi crafty friends, Marine here with you today, back with a bright and cheerful card showcasing the Wild Cherries, one of the fruit themed die sets from the Summer 2024 release. So amazing!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wild Cherry Die Focused Card by Marine Simon

I started off by creating a light pink cloudy background on a 5,5 x 4,25 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel using a stencil from my stash along with spun sugar oxide ink. Next I used a cherry stencil, from my stash again, along with worn lipstick, festive berries, shabby shutters, mowed lawn, vintage photo and ground espresso oxide inks, and created a beautiful cherry background. I splattered water all over the panel and dried it using a paper towel. I also mixed some ground espresso oxide ink with water and used a small brush to add more texture to my panel, and then did the same with copic opaque white ink.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wild Cherry Die Focused Card by Marine Simon

Next I cut all my bits and pieces: cherries, stems, branches, leaves, flowers and bird out of colored cardstock, and used oxide inks to add shadows and more depth to each element. Here is a detailed list of the products I used: • Wild Cherries for the cherries, stems, leaves • Out On A Limb for the branches • Wicker Basket for the flowers • Build A Birdhouse for the bird

I cut a Frilly Frames Hexagon scalloped panel out of vellum, temporarily taped it to my stenciled panel using washi tape, and then attached all the die-cut pieces on the vellum using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, as well as 3mm glue dots and liquid glue, leaving enough space in the center for my Punny Fruit Greeting. I first white heat embossed "You're the" and "On top of my day", leaving enough space for the word "Cherry" that I stamped using festive berries oxide ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Next I removed the washi tape pieces, flipped my vellum panel over, added liquid glue behind each die-cut piece, and then attached the panel to my stenciled background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wild Cherry Die Focused Card by Marine Simon

For the finishing touches, I added a black dot on the bird's eye using black nuvo drops, highlights and details to the elements using a white gel pen, and three dots in the center of each flower using white nuvo drops. And that's it! This card was super fun to make, I love those beautiful cherries and how the word "Cherry" turned out so glossy. 

And I think that the addition of that little birdie makes the card even cuter, doesn't it? Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next time!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Out on A Limb Dies
Out on A Limb Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Build-A-Birdhouse Dies
Build-A-Birdhouse Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wicker Basket Dies
Wicker Basket Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Punny Fruit Greetings
Punny Fruit Greetings
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wild Cherry Dies
Wild Cherry Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment