Friday, June 7, 2024

Summer Jar Mug Die Focused Card with Nicky

Hello friends this is Nicky with you today and I'm sharing a fun summer themed card with you today working with products from Sunny's fun summer release, focusing on the Summer Jar Mugs Dies. Read on for all the details.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Jar Mug Die Focused Card by Marine Simon (featuring Scalloped Square Dies)

I started by die-cutting the main white panel using the Scalloped Square 1 Large Dies. I masked just inside the faux stitched line and grabbed an old stencil from my stash and using Sunshine, Fresh Pink and Seaglass inks from The Stamp Market I ink blended some 'bubbles' softly then removed the mask. I backed the panel with some white craft foam and layered it over a larger patterned cardstock panel from the Dots & Stripes Pastels Paper and that patterned panel was glued to a 5 3/4 inch white panel which I glued to my card base. These dimensions build a pleasingly substantial card!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Jar Mug Die Focused Card by Marine Simon (featuring Scalloped Square Dies)

I then used sturdy white cardstock and some acetate and I die cut the Summer Jar Mugs Dies forms. I believe I die cut 6 times from the heavyweight white cardstock and I layered them together, filled with a selection of fun shaker embellishments from my stash, then used the acetate die cut to seal the window closed, adding one more cardstock panel to finish the mug off. I inserted the straw and umbrella behind the mug and adhered it to the card's background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Jar Mug Die Focused Card by Marine Simon (featuring Scalloped Square Dies)

To finish the card I took the sentiments from the Big Panda stamp set, stamped with Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and die cut the word SUMMER using the coordinating die for the set. I applied these words at playful angles using dimensional foam tape and to finish the scene I applied 3 sparkling clear sequin accents all in different sizes.

Another card done! I appreciate you coming to read the blog today and look forward to being back with you next Friday with something new to share and meanwhile I wish you wonderful weekend.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Panda Stamps
Big Panda Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Panda Dies
Big Panda Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Jar Mug Dies
Summer Jar Mug Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Square 1 Large Die
Scalloped Square 1 Large Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment