Sunday, June 30, 2024

Summer Jar Mug Die Focused Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today with a cool tropical drink for you featuring the Summer Jar Mug Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Jar Mug Die Focused Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Summer Greenery Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Hawaiian Hibiscus, Fresh Lemon Dies)

This is an A2 card and I started by die-cutting a piece of white cardstock using the largest Stitched Rectangle Die. I inked the center portion with Spun Sugar Distress ink. I then die-cut a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of white cardstock using the Frilly Frames Quatrefoil Dies and die-cut around the quatrefoil pattern using the largest Stitched Rectangle Die. I adhered this to the inked rectangle and adhered the combined piece to the card front.

For a different look, I made my mug look like a frosted glass mug with a painted design on it. First, I die-cut the mug from white cardstock and then stamped the hibiscus and leaves across the bottom of the mug using the Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps. I masked the stamped images and inked the mug with Speckled Egg Distress Oxide ink for a chalkier/frosted look. I added shading with Copics around the top of the mug. The “aloha” sentiment fit the mug just right. I stamped it in a dark teal ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I die-cut the umbrella and straw from white cardstock and colored them with Copics.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Jar Mug Die Focused Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Summer Greenery Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Hawaiian Hibiscus, Fresh Lemon Dies)

To finish, I die-cut a frond from white cardstock using the Summer Greenery Dies and inked it with Twisted Citron Distress ink. I die-cut a citrus slice from white cardstock using the Fresh Lemon Dies and a flower using the current free with $49 purchase mini die and colored them with Copics. I stamped the same leaf from the Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps and die-cut it using the coordinating dies.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus  Dies
Hawaiian Hibiscus Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Greenery Die
Summer Greenery Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fresh Lemon Dies
Fresh Lemon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Jar Mug Dies
Summer Jar Mug Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment