Friday, June 28, 2024

Wild Cherry Die Focused Card with Nicky

Well hello there and happy Friday everyone, this is Nicky with you on the blog today with a new card featuring the beautiful Wild Cherry Dies. I was inspired by my favourite cherries, 'Rainier Cherries', for their beautiful colours and flavour when creating this card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wild Cherry Die Focused Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Limitless Labels Dies, Tree Branch Dies, Punny Fruit Greetings)

I took a white A2 panel of sturdy cardstock and I ink blended delicately and to a soft fade using Tropic Teal ink by The Stamp Market. I adhered this panel directly to my prepared card base.

I die cut the Tree Branch and Wild Cherry using the same sturdy cardstock and ink blended the different parts. The cherries were done with Lipstick Red, Cherry Kisses, Sunshine and Gumdrop by The Stamp Market and I used Copic markers in E44, E43, E44, E42, E53 to colour the woody branch.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wild Cherry Die Focused Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Limitless Labels Dies, Tree Branch Dies, Punny Fruit Greetings)

I assembled the cherries and began by adding the branch to the background with foam tape and slowly and methodically I 'built' a bunch of cherries hanging from the tree limb just as they would appear in nature. I used a little piece of foam tape behind each cherry and leaf as I layered them in.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wild Cherry Die Focused Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Limitless Labels Dies, Tree Branch Dies, Punny Fruit Greetings)

To finish the card I used the Limitless Labels 1 Dies set to create a 'label' and on this I stamped a sentiment created using Punny Fruit Greetings. I used Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa to stamp this because the brown repeats the colour from the tree branch which connects things. I attached this label using dimensional foam tape. Finally, I added a few water droplet style embellishments and this card was done!

I appreciate you coming by the blog today to read about this project. Enjoy your weekend and I'll be back next Friday with something new to inspire you.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Tree Branch Die
Tree Branch Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Punny Fruit Greetings
Punny Fruit Greetings
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wild Cherry Dies
Wild Cherry Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Limitless Labels 1 Dies
Limitless Labels 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: